King of the Hill

fucking great show/10

Steady on. This is very wrong

Thanks to all of you that have been banging on about this for years. Iā€™m blitzing through the first season and itā€™s excellent. Was always just the boring cartoon Iā€™d watch as a kid because it was a cartoon but Iā€™d get zero joy from it. Turns out itā€™s hilarious and whip smart.

9 Likes

Got a load of the series boxsets for like Ā£4 in cex when I was a little lad, great value

1 Like

As said over in the Simpsons thread this is gonna become my next breakfast sitcom. Saw loads of it back in the day but nothing for years now.

Got some of it on DVD and ordered a couple more online, should have seasons 1-5 to watch as a start. Pretty excited :+1:

1 Like

absolutely no recollection of making this thread

Is it on any streaming services?

1 Like

Gonna start a big rewatch (3rd time around) next week. So fucking good.

The episode where the Laotian neighbours move in and the wife takes the piss out of Peggyā€™s massive boat feet thoughā€¦

1 Like

The episode where Hankā€™s dad burns down the church is one of the best episodes of anything

2 Likes

Just watched that, absolutely obsessed with how the wife refers to Peggy as Peggy Hill constantly

3 Likes

I DONā€™T KNOW YOU! THATā€™S MY PURSE!

1 Like

Iā€™d completely forgotten Hankā€™s dad.

1 Like

Is it on any streaming services?

Gonna start another rewatch next week I think.

1 Like

I wish theyā€™d released seasons 6 onwards on DVD back when I still bought such things.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™m glad Iā€™m still a technology dinosaur. Got all 13 seasons.

so sad that I only have 175 episodes left

2 Likes

btw

Writer Brent Forrester has revealed that King of the Hill co-creators Mike Judge and Greg Daniels are in the middle of ā€œhot negotiationsā€ to bring back the animated series that originally aired on FOX for 13 seasons.

Brent Forrester participated in a Reddit AMA yesterday (via TechRadar) to answer any questions fans may have had about his time working on shows such as The Office , The Simpsons , and King of the Hill . One fan asked about the possibility of the King of the Hill revival coming back around after it was originally teased as a possibility back in 2017 but ultimately didnā€™t go anywhere. Forresterā€™s response brought the potentially exciting news:

ā€œI am sure Greg Daniels and Mike Judge will murder me for sharing this butā€¦ HELL YES. They are in hot negotiations to bring back King of the Hill. The Trump administration made it suddenly very relevant again. The characters have all aged 15 years. The project is sooooo good. Okay Iā€™ve said too much :)ā€

1 Like

isn;t he making a new Beavis and Butt-head too?