Kissing your child on the lips

Pretty much this.

There are points in a kid’s life where things change, like kissing or covering up rather than being naked in front of parents. I think these things seem to have shifted to a slightly younger age than previously but there shouldn’t be any issues about them.

I voted not weird because I assumed we were talking about small kids. It’s weirder as a teenager or a grown up kid (as in Meow’s video - yikes) but I’m not sure why. Maybe at a certain age a kiss on the lips takes on a different significance.

I don’t actively go in for a kiss on the mouth but my son sometimes wants a kiss on the lips so that’s no bother. Kids don’t really seem to understand a kiss on the cheak. I quite like kissing them on the head, Barthez style

2 Likes

There’s also the fact that in order to get to sleep the best thing to do is lie down in the dark and pretend to be asleep.

4 Likes

Yeah and I’ve accidentally kissed them on the lips before and nobody freaks out.

Yeah, that is also weird. I might start a ‘Things that are weird’ thread, is there any clamour for one?

Maybe flip it to ‘things that aren’t weird’ for Meow’s sake

My boys hate it.

Which doesn’t stop me of course.

With polls obvs

Did this happen before with Victoria Beckham? Weird uptight people can fuck off polluting every innocent thing with their grubby pervy little thoughts.

1 Like

This is the real issue here isn’t it? At one point you’ve got something delicious and carefully crafted, the best thing ever, then it hangs about inside you and your horrible innards turn it into something horrible and toxic and stinky that must never be touched and is repulsive. Humans don’t deserve nice things.

1 Like

I don’t know what the fuck is going on! Posted this in another thread:

Wait! What’s going on in here?

I am not a fan of lip kissing your child myself but it’s absolutely fine of course. Sometimes I am forced into it though. He sees me and his mum kissing goodbye and thinks he should do the same.

reminds me of this recently

I guess it’s a cultural thing?

Bit weird. My son has started giving people kisses on the cheek. He went to kiss me the other week, then didn’t, so I turned my head round and he planted one right on the kisser. I “URGH GAAAY” and sent him to bed without any supper.

*said