Kitchen design thread

wankers
design
diy

I just envy the poor bastards who have to paint that roo-.

Oh.

:wink:

(not my van FYI guys)

yeah okay you're right, thanks theo

Done this so many times in our flat and it's amazing how much you can cram into everywhere

I'm currently in the middle of packing up the old flat. Kitchen's nearly done. I fucking hate it so much, I think this is why I say "I don't care" when my mother says to me "oh my god you must be excited!!!!!!!!!"

Moving house is such faffy bollocks. If we ever do it again I will seriously consider paying someone to pack everything up I reckon.

Getting there

Isn't this the same one your sent me two days ago?

FAKE NEWS!

yeah but I realised I hadn't posted it here!!!

hopefully there will be more progress later :smiley:

So your surveyor didn't check the lights worked?

they don't do that level of checking with a homebuyers survey do they?

I thought you could get various levels of surveys done and the really expensive ones were checking EVERYTHING but they cost thousands so fuck that?

Survey level two: RICS HomeBuyer Report
There are two options:
HomeBuyer Report (survey) Note: this a new service which is under development.
Includes
all the features of the RICS Condition Report. It also includes advice
on defects that may affect the property with repairs, and ongoing
maintenance adviceHomeBuyer Report (survey & valuation)
Includes all the
features of the RICS Condition Report, plus a market valuation and
insurance rebuild costs. It also includes advice on defects that may
affect the value of the property with repairs, and ongoing maintenance
advice

Beats me how they can identify defects that might require repairs if they don't so much as flick a light switch. I would expect something along the lines of "kitchen lights don't work and will need to be repaired if the buyer wants to be able to see in their kitchen."

Don't know why I'm applying logic to the situation though. Two facts are guaranteed: 1) Somewhere in your report it will say that the electrics have not been tested and that they advise you to get them tested and 2) Surveyors are a bunch of pointless slope-shouldered wankers.

yeah -- I mean it's fixed now

Nearly done!!

We just got our quote from Holden's... :dizzy_face: think we need to... de spec it a bit. $$$$$$$

Looks good.

I'll allow the handles. When's the floor arriving? Did you say it would be vinyl?

Consider replying to more people

You’ve already replied 3 times to @plasticniki in this particular topic.

FO, M.

The floor is already there (waterproof laminate), very light oak. I assume he'll be fitting it today?

I think it looks bloody lovely. Quite shocked given we just picked stuff out of the Howden's book. Also, I learned the bin cupboard was actually over £200 :fearful:

Oh by 'arrive' I meant be fitted on the floor too. So today. WOW!

Get in the bin (cupboard).