Kitchen design thread

Yeah we are having work done and they pop round for a few hours here and a few there. Going to take a month for not that much work. To be fair though we did know this and would have had to have waited much longer for an uninterrupted (wouldn’t have been) slot.

We got one from Magnet. Got our builder to buy it through their trade bit. Had it in for a couple of years now and we’re happy with it so far.

Might have a photo knocking around on my phone. It’s pretty plain though. White units, oak worktop, grey tiles.

our new kitchen is shit and can’t wait to do it up, so here’s a pic of our old one…

How much is everyone’s kitchen costing? Ballpark (is there an English equivalent? Oval?)

you don’t have to use the strip of metal thing

I fitted one last year and didn’t bother

For roughly the same style kitchen the quotes from both B&Q and Wickes (excluding fitting) have been about 4k.

I want with fitting and for a bigger kitchen than yours, plus skimming absolutely everything in sight.

:smiley:

(fitting was another 4k)

Depends what it includes, what work you’re doing yourself and how big your kitchen is.

Anywhere between £3K and £10K depending on whether you’re also doing:

• plumbing
  • electrics
  • flooring
  • new appliances
  • new splashback
  • new sink and tap

The cost of getting a kitchen fitted is usually about the same as the kitchen units themselves.

that seems really expensive for fitting.

Magnet’s quotes were crazy. 10K, but it was less than half that when the builders got it through trade. It’s hard to work out fitting costs though, as they did it as part of a bigger job. They also skimmed everything and tiled right up to the walls before the units went in. “I want it hermetically sealed” was my wife’s brief.

that was B&Q / Wickes fitters. I highly doubt we’ll get their fitters to do it tbh.

Yeah probably all of that bar the plumbing and electrics.

Kitchen is a long way down the list anyway…

If you want the walls and the ceilings skimmed as well, you’re probably talking £8K+

Hoooooo!

Need my gran-in-law to snuff it then I reckon… don’t tell my wife that I said this.

FUCKING HELL NO MORE KITCHEN!!!

2 Likes

I took pics of my kitchen (I did it last year) and forget to post them. Do here there are

We nearly went to Magnet at the weekend but realised we aren’t that serious about it yet. Want a kitchen but probably don’t desperately need one, plus the company where I work prospects don’t look great.

I’ll be interested to see how your kitchen works out.

Nice. Like that green with the white tiles!

Magnet’s list prices are ludicrous. We went in last year to get a quote for some pantry units and an island to match what was already in our place when we bought it and the guy took off 60% and threw in free delivery and handles without us even asking. Even after that, they were still more expensive than the others we looked at. (went IKEA in the end, in our case no pipe issues)

They do provide a free standing option (for islands) but I found the hanging units were oddly simpler to install.