Kite Surfing

Anyone done it before?

Looks like fun, but logistically a little tricky to get started.

Doing a course soon and got a work trip at the end of May where I’ll be doing it again in the UK, of all places.

Is it worth doing the IKO courses? A lot of places don’t seem to let you hire stuff unless you have.

Gone off this idea now

3 Likes

What happened?

The course got postponed, then the work trip they changed the activity and then I forgot about it till japes linked to it

1 Like

Kite surfers always seem like failed surfers don’t they. Not good enough to ride the waves properly so they’ve stuck a parachute on to tow them. Not for me.

it’s a hobby that you can only do in quite specific weather conditions which must be really annoying

1 Like

Not really, looks more like you’re doing two difficult things at once

1 Like

well the surfing bit would definately be difficult. Not sure about holding onto a kite and being dragged though.

There’s a car parked near my flat which has a baby on board style sticker in the back window, except instead of baby on board, it’s a cartoon of a kid kite surfing and it says “Kite surfer in training!”

One of the more niche products I can imagine existing, always wonder if it’s one those algorithmically generated things.

1 Like