Knitting šŸ§¶ (also crocheting and etc)

No such thing!

2 Likes

Hah! Well Iā€™ll measure it properly and weigh everything and work out how long itā€™ll come out as and maybe Iā€™ll put it to a vote on here if in doubt. Iā€™m not all that happy with how itā€™s come out at the changes in direction so if I have to start again it wonā€™t be the worst thing in the world.

1 Like

Right, itā€™s going to be 2m long, not accounting for any stretch. Itā€™s not very wide, only 22cm, although will be narrower when stretched. Itā€™s a gift so i want it to be nice, and Iā€™m already unhappy with the bits where Iā€™ve changed direction

• Start again
  • Donā€™t bother
  • I donā€™t have an opinion but I like polls

0 voters

Iā€™ve got until Christmas but Iā€™ve got a load of other things I want to knit for then. Iā€™m leaning towards start again. I must have started it just before xmas.

Iā€™m honestly all for super long scarves, but sounds like you wonā€™t really be happy with this version of it anyway. One of those times that Iā€™d maybe try to take it as a learning experience and start again even if thatā€™s extremely boring.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve bought the same yarn in a bunch of colours so Iā€™ll have a better idea how wide to make the rest

1 Like

Diagonal construction means i donā€™t have to start completely from scratch to widen it

3 Likes

Always wanted a traditional quilt but never going to make one so Iā€™m doing a crochet version instead. Love some of the color combos so far

8 Likes

Finished this boring one way before I intended as I ran out of the wool I wanted for the last few rows and border but refused to buy a new ball so its not got a very good complete look with a lighter border but so glad to see the back of it

10 Likes

Looks good! Howā€™s your quilt one going?

1 Like

I stitched some bits together of the first panel but decided the more muted natural colours that looked good in my mind need some jazzing up with a few brighter ones so Iā€™ve ordered a few brighter greens and so not much progress until they arrive. Enjoying the pattern though and its nice changing colours and doing different combos.

Need to get a daytime shot as it looks much better in natural light

7 Likes

8 days later Iā€™ve caught up with where I was

5 Likes

The yarn doesnā€™t photograph well but itā€™s this

https://hobbii.co.uk/twirls-shadow?option=14477

1 Like

Any particular reason why youā€™re using those needles rather than circulars? Making me nervous seeing how close the stitches are to the end of the needle :sweat_smile:

I find straight needles easier to knit with. Thereā€™s loads of room, Iā€™ve just spread out the stitches there for the photo

1 Like

Is it just me who finds circular needles absolutely impossible to knit with :frowning: I havenā€™t knitted for years but when I did I just couldnā€™t master them. My tension was always far too tight I think. Such a failure :sob:

Not a failure, just different ways of doing things! I quite like circulars, but I know I thought they were weird when I was first trying them out when I was way younger ā€” especially as I wouldnā€™t init in the round anyway. But different needles suit different people! There are even rectangular needles now, meant to be better for people with hand pains apparenty.

2 Likes

Anyway Iā€™ve been doing a lot of baby knitting (again) recently as my BFF had her new baby last weekend. Need to put the last finishing touches on some things and then Iā€™ll post them. Right now Iā€™m knitting a hat for myself with reflective yarn:

Bit anxious to see if I have enough of the same colour for the entire hat :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Reader, she did not.

BUT at least I realised in time it wouldnā€™t be enough, so using up some other colours of the same yarn for stripes. Good to use up some of the masses of yarn Iā€™ve collected in the last few months!

Finished the hat while filmclubbing. Not that easy to get a good angle for a hat is it!

I keep trying to make the reflecting thread visible without having to use horrid flash but my phone camera isnā€™t having it

:zap: :zap:

8 Likes