Knitting 🧶 (also crocheting and etc)

5 Likes

Oooh colour change coming in

1 Like

Thank you. I’m wimping out and going to go for the suggested weight and in totally different colours and saving my dream wool for another pattern.

I never make anything (for myself) in blues so thought I’d go for a change. Think I’ll do these…

2 Likes

Finally finished my socks!!!

11 Likes

My next project… Gonna try the dye :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh my god!! I would be very interested in detailed updates on this :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’ll try to do a full process documentary :slight_smile: I’m really nervous about it!

1 Like

Up to the colour changes, for which I’m now following a fair isle pattern and minding the dominant colour etc the best I can :nerd_face::innocent:

Hoping to finish it this weekend!

5 Likes

PS for any other fans of self striping yarn, this account is great!

https://instagram.com/tellybeanknits

1 Like

I’m in love with this account

Really want to make this exact thing but it turns out that non-woollen self-striping yarn is hard to find and mostly boring colours
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLUKB46p9dz/?igshid=1tu8uv1b0gfc6

1 Like

Progress:

12 Likes

This has given me lots of ideas for using gradient yarn in a fairisle jumper

Think I’m going to get some of this as well

2 Likes

Aw that looks amazing :star_struck: I really enjoy doing the white contrast colour, but I’m sure it could work with lots of different ones!

I’ve finished it!! I don’t remember if I really told you about it here but after having almost finished it (like, almost up to the neck) I had to start all over again because of some stupid mistakes I’d been making (in addition to my first attempt at white block hearts not working out, as I know I did post about). So it was slower going in round two, but once I started the fair isle bit I could hardly put it down and I am VERY proud of this. Now for the boring part, to deal with all those loose ends before giving it a wash/block!

I showed it to the little boy who it’s for on facetime the other day (before joining up the arms etc) and his face was pretty much just this emoji: :star_struck: Can’t wait to give the finished sweater to him.

11 Likes

That is so cute, I would definitely be :star_struck: if I saw I was getting that

1 Like

Made a quick jellyfish for M. I wish all toys were this fast- took less than 2 hours

8 Likes

I found the loveliest dye I wanted to dye my baby blanket but I’m pretty sure it’s acrylic not wool and apparently can’t be dyed :sob:

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

Oh nooooeessss :sob:

Extremely excited about this hand dyed cotton

6 Likes