Knitting 🧶 (also crocheting and etc)

Nice recycling there. I’ve thought about making cleaning cloths out of old tights and stuff but never actually tried.

I usually just cut up old leggings as cloths but this is much more robust. Had I not stitched it up/folded in half it’d be a really good trivet or placemat and actually I think it’d be sturdy enough to be a good doormat, perhaps with a non-slip base attached somehow.

1 Like

So snug and comfy.

You really get a lot of knitting done when you live alone, don’t have a full time job, there are no events or anything to do outside the home, etc.

5 Likes

I’m back on the gay mittens I’ve been strugglimg with a bit, and I’ve had another epiphany about the dominant colour thing that @froglet introduced me to! Want to guess where I changed which colour was the dominant one on this!?

Was it just below the horizontal bar on the ++?

1 Like

Yeah! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Before that I had the white thread «on top» but as you can see it kept disappearing into the purple.

I’m not re-doing it AGAIN though so hopefully it comes out in blocking 🥲

1 Like

It’s not too obvious, I’m sure it’ll be fine!

1 Like

The person they’re for will absolutely love them anyway, so it’s just for my own sake I’m annoyed!

1 Like

My first bit of colour work here, it’s a blanket for my niece’s dolls so I’m not fussed that one edge is a bit messy. I just made up the pattern using cotton yarn I had spare.

4 Likes

If I had the patience and skill I’d love a t-shirt in this pattern

I think you should try! You’ll find tons of basic t-shirt patterns/recipes on ravelry etc, that you can add your own colours to. As for patience I get so drawn into the different stages of a garment that I normally don’t have time to get impatient! (Did get a bit impatient with the body of my dress, I’ll admit…)

Lovely summery colours too :sunny:

1 Like

One gay mitten is finally DONE! Weaved in ends and all. Once the second one is done I’m going to post a collage of all the ones I’ve knitted (but not quite finished), to show the progress :sweat_smile:

Added a little detail of my own with the lesbian pride colours on the thumb (as the mittens are for a recently out lesbian).

6 Likes

I’ve said this before but you’re so impressive!! These are brilliant :blush: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you!! Had a good pattern to work by, and finally got it right on the 7th or so attempt :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Started this shawl today and it’s sort of wonky and I’m a bit worried I’m crocheting too loosely. Hard to get a sense of scale from the pictures in the pattern.

4 Likes

This is the (free) pattern if anyone is interested

I’m attemptin a version of these for a friend’s birthday – which is only two weeks away :grimacing:

1 Like