Kraftwerk UK tour

Cheers but dunno if my friends will want to go to that London.

New 3-D CD box set and double vinyl coming at the end of May.
I can’t tell if the 3-D versions will be live recordings or new studio versions of the tracks. I assumed it was the live versions, but they have released a new (and very good) version of The Robots, that is a studio mix.

I wonder how many more times they are gonna package up the same stuff and re-release it. Would prefer some new material. Getting a bit bored of the cash cow element of Kraftwerk.

Agreed - clearly the current line-up have little appetite to create anything new.

Most of you chumps saw this when they did the Tate residency, right? Saw the standard show in Oxford last night and it was odd: the gig itself was flat, but the stage show was incredible, undoubtedly the best I’ve seen from anyone.

Kraftwerk?! Pffft pure shite pal

got tickets for bristol in the end
4th row
sorted
think it’s the 4th time i’ll have seen them after the cdouble header at brixton in 2005 & the mancheter velodrome show, can’t wait

picked up the vinyl box set & worked thorugh most of them & they are the new live versions of the tracks, definitely different to the albums

lovely packaging thougn

A heads-up for folk in Scotland - The Usher Hall have a tiny number of tickets back on sale. They cost silly money though:
https://tickets.usherhall.co.uk/en-GB/events/kraftwerk/2017-6-10_19.00/usher%20hall%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20-%20main%20auditorium

what do you mean flat, was Ralf not cracking jokes and bantering with the audience like he normally does ?

3 Likes

Really enjoyed the Brighton gig. 3D show was brilliant, even if some of the visuals were tacky.

Nearly lost my shit during We Are The Robots.

1 Like

Really looking forward to Sheffield next week.

Anyone else going to one of the RAH shows?

Approx how long is their set for this tour?

Quite excited!

they played about 2 hours 15 mins in Brighton.

Yep, about the same in Antwerp. Was incredible.

ah, sweet.

Could probably make the last train home, but not gonna risk it. Will book myself a hotel as a treat.

probably a safe bet.
They were approx. 40 mins late on stage last night in Liverpool and played for over 2 hours.
We were also treated to some stage banter from Ralf:
“the electricity is broken” in response to a minor error during Radioactivity

4 Likes

I saw him wave once
such a lad

1 Like

Seem to be tickets back up for all days at the RAH (unless they’ve always been there and I’ve only just spotted it). May use my Radiohead refund cash on a bit of this…

Saw them at Sheffield City Hall last night. Was fabulous to finally get to see them live. Really like the new, modern versions of the old tracks. The 3D element is just about good enough to not be cheesy as hell!