Labour Party Thread: Things Can Only Get Worse (Part 1)

It’d be nice if the people who lobbied relentlessly for Labour to adopt an out-and-out Remain position accepted some responsiblity for the wash-out though, instead of continuing to smugly blaming Corbyn and his wretched cultists for it all.

Yet to meet a person who supported Corbyn who doesn’t accept that he and his team weren’t partially responsible. The solutions I’ve heard offered from the right of the party have ranged from ‘march every Corbynista off a cliff’ to ‘more racism’ to ‘Jess Phillips’ to ‘produce a rainbow coalition around being pro-EU’. None of them are workable, desirable or even theoretically could be met halfway.

If they were, that was really stupid. Nobody should pay the slightest amount of attention to Euro elections, and only a moderate amount to locals.

Locals are worth examining as an indicator of where things are in comparison to other local elections. EU elections are/were just a load of bullshit, and always have been.

First half of this thread is interesting; the second-half descends into incoherence pretty quickly.

https://twitter.com/andrew_harrop/status/1245742116048908292

Jackie Baillie elected Scottish deputy leader. :nauseated_face:

;_;7

4 Likes

Under normal circumstances I’d absolutely agree, but with 2019 being an election about Brexit (at least to a great number of people) it was understandable that attention was paid to them. Sadly I think the takeaway from the EU elections was that we were between a rock and a hard place with respect to a Brexit strategy.

1 Like

Be interesting to see how the rest of the vote was split between Nandy and Long-Bailey, i guess.

Starmer wins on first round, Rayner wins on third round, according to FT

And we’re off!

1 Like

Not visibly crying but internally I am

At the end of Corbyn not Starmer obviously

It’s fine Yvette Cooper is coming back to the front benches so we’ll be ten points ahead in mere weeks

2 Likes

Let’s just get behind Starmer and try to get the fucking Tories out.

22 Likes

here we, here we, here we fucking go

7 Likes

A thousand times this. As painful as it might be, we’ve got to be a united party again. No chance of winning if we don’t.

3 Likes

I am delighted to announce I am now joining the Fourth International Posadist

Who?

1 Like

‘Is there anything to be said for repeating 2010-2015 again?’

3 Likes

Starmer, eh?

3 Likes

Not seen the vote splits by grouping, where is that?

Knew this fucking months ago, embarrassing it wasn’t called mid Jan

3 Likes