Labour Party Thread II: I'm Shagging Thatcher Instead

Continuing the discussion from Labour Party Thread: Things Can Only Get Worse (Part 1) - #10459 by TVDenimChap.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

I put the number in just for posterity

Worst prime minister at worst possible time and yet this tadger won’t call for him to resign - dunno how anyone can square that logic or message.

16 Likes

I don’t think the forum wants a new thread, I don’t think the forum needs a new thread

8 Likes

I welcome the new thread, but I would call on drownedinsound.com to go further

10 Likes

He’s put him on notice, what more do you want

9 Likes

Starmer fans are fucking deranged

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve never really noticed before but, does anyone else think he sounds a bit like Chris Eubank?

3 Likes

We’re going to be doing this shit from now until this country blessedly slips underneath the waves.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This thread is the worst possible thread, at the worst possible time.

5 Likes

My brain decided a while ago that Kier Starmer is just Arnold Rimmer’s wilderness years, and now I can’t unthink it.

15 Likes

Starmer won’t call for Johnson to resign because the people Starmer is trying to get onside, ie conservatives, would be turned off by him doing that. Everything Starmer does is designed to appeal to these people. That’s why he’s so dismal.

2 Likes

Was probably already said a bunch of times on the old thread, but Starmer is the perfect Lib Dem leader isn’t he?

5 Likes

I think it depends on whether his bloodlust extends to nuclear warfare or if it’s just restricted to alpacas?

6 Likes

I’ve understood this for the last few months but it’s not the case anymore, is it? Nobody likes Boris just now and someone needs to vocalise a call for resignation. And if the fecking leader of the opposition isn’t going to do it, who is?? At present, it just feels like everyone is dancing around it (with the exception of some anonymous Tories and a bunch of journalists who call for his resignation often enough that no-one listens to them).

Same people it always is: Tory MPs

1 Like

They need to be prompted though, don’t they? I’ve seen a lot of unattributed calls for resignation, but no-one’s stuck their head above the trenches yet?

Only by their own constituents and their own self interest. In any case have we not already established that getting Johnson replaced isn’t particularly in Starmer’s short term interests?