Labour Party Thread: Things Can Only Get Worse (Part 1)

Pain in his eyes.

2 Likes

#flags

1 Like

Canā€™t wait until I can get back down the pub and get my flag hung up on a wall. And maybe a drink or two as well!

1 Like

Just dawned on me that Keir Starmer is the leader of the Labour Party.

ā€œSunlight is the best disinfectant,ā€ Sir Keir said.

• A wise proverb that many a Briton has uttered
  • Just a Keith-ism
0 voters

Line taken from:

Iā€™ve heard it uttered before, but only by people exactly like Keith.

Was about to find the quote of David Cameron saying that, but Keita was actually literally quoting Cameron as a jab, so thatā€™s fair enough.

Only ever heard it said by melts as an excuse for platforming fascists, soā€¦

1 Like

What are they doing?

Rehab. Out with the old, in with the undead.

Welcome back Pete

9 Likes

Doing this in the wake of far right supremacists running wild in Jerusalem is a pretty overt acceptance of the hierarchy of racism, isnā€™t it.

13 Likes

Absolutely howling at the gumption of Mandy to look dead at the camera and talk about new management and fresh starts with a straight face

His increased involvement in the party management closes off the corruption attack line too.

3 Likes

She did the same at the last General didnā€™t she?

4 Likes

watched a clip of the PMQ thing because a lot of folks were going crazy over it, have to be honest, thought Starmer came across pretty badly. I donā€™t imagine looking smug over claiming Johnson was lying to the house is going to endear him to many people.

donā€™t really know the full story but is anyone really going to care if Johnson spent Ā£??? on redecorating his flat? Itā€™s such a low level thing in the current circumstances

Think the bigger issue is the ā€œlet the bodies pile upā€ thing - the other stuff is kinda just a ā€œheā€™s just a sleazy twat, isnā€™t he?ā€, to allow them to use the ā€œMajor Sleazeā€ line which is, much as Iā€™m loath to admit it, a half-decent line for newspapers to use, and does kinda defuse the ā€œCaptain Hindsightā€ thing a little bit.

2 Likes

the real issue is that a lot of people have to not only care, but remember about caring when another election happens