Labour Party Thread: Things Can Only Get Worse

Anecdotally, I don’t think many of my non-political friends/colleagues really gave that much of a shit about him until last year with the whole ‘king of the north’ stuff. Even then, at least person I knew thought he should shut up and stop arguing with the government, although everyone else seemed to think positively of what he was doing.

Not sure how aware those people are of what else he’s been doing re: homelessness and buses.

Wow.

4 Likes

Although they probably didn’t expect a drop-off this steep this was always a sacrifice Kieth Labour were eager to make since the young are concentrated in areas they consider safe, and they want to cull the number of young people entering the party anyway.

Of course this sacrifice was made with the idea that it would come with a rise in support amongst older people in towns and ex-urban areas, which… shuffles papers, glances off screen, coughs

6 Likes

Who would have thought it would be Keith to save the planet by sending all the kids to the Green party?

1 Like

This photo and tagline is for some reason making me laugh.

8 Likes

He looks 73 years old there

2 Likes

And he’s wrong if he thinks that’s an impressive bogey. You can barely see it.

3 Likes

Looks like Michael palins dad

Not yet, he’s 78

:drum:

2 Likes

is this guy doing a bit?

2 Likes

Keir deciding to run for leader

5 Likes

This is some weird expectation management

As if they’re going to tank because George Galloway gets up a little earlier than they do.

It’s forced Leadbeater’s to put out this leaflet, at least, which is the most proactive thing I’ve seen from a candidate endorsed by this leadership.

It’s been criticised by pro-Israel people within (and without) the party, so expect the leadership to distance themselves from all involved now.

I thought that these guys were meant to be the ones who were good at messaging

3 Likes

This is QTed in the replies :smiley:

21 Likes
19 Likes

Has Keir considered putting these pledges on a big stone

Things are going great

3 Likes

Stonger has done me.

14 Likes

Press release here:

This policy review is apparently going to take 18 months. What kind of stuff will come out of a process described as such?

“Stronger Together: A Better Future for Britain” – Labour launches roadmap to bring Britain together with policies for the post-Covid age

Labour will today pledge to bring the country together to take on the challenges exposed by the pandemic and seize the opportunities of the future.

Launching it at an arms manufacturer as well signals pretty clearly where the ‘Britain In The World’ part will lead, too.