Ladhood

I have watched four of these episodes and I have enjoyed them.

2 Likes

Lay me a henry of shitbar?

I thought I’d watched them but now I’m not so sure.

I have checked, and the drug episode is the fifth. My mistake.

I get this reference.

1 Like

bump bc i started watching this and it’s really good

2 Likes

Started watching this last night. Some proper funny lines Being from the North is not a mental health condition, the kevin keegan lookalike from chernobyl is in it and the music is excellent The Avalanches :cowboy_hat_face:

Oh and Tinhead I feel I missed out on ever meeting this type of person. The closest I ever got is the barfly at our local boozer in Oldham. Permanently soaked in ale but, always has knowledge on everything.

1 Like

ain’t seen the series, but this is alright…

any other recommends welcome for standups in that series. thought fern brady was good at green man and this ones good…

Season 2 is out now, watched the first four eps and it’s still good, the present day segments seem to have got a bit weirder, but still really enjoying the all-too-real nostalgia, especially when he tries to get into indie.

Can’t wait to watch series 2. The first series was such a joy (and the radio ones are good too- quite different in a number of ways so def worth yr while)

Where can i listen to the radio stuff?

2 Likes

They’re all on BBC Sounds, I think. Downloadable from there as well

They were this time last year anyway!

That’s weird was only wondering if there was a 2nd series the other day.

Up to episode 3. Bit too close to home that one. The Tory bit was outstanding

2 Likes

Loved the ending of that one: Soon, indie music would start to overlap with laddy, football culture…

On the whole I don’t think it was quite as good as the first series, the present day bits in particular felt a bit more cartoonish, but still really enjoyable.

2 Likes

Watched the first too. Good stuff, loed the lone aboit formal education

Was the wedding one the last episode in the series or are they coming out one by one? Binged what was up there yesterday. I think it’s a good show. Sort of like the Inbetweeners but through a lens of self-loathing and regret.

Wedding was the finale I think, two series of six episodes.

Oh yeah, I liked the bit when he mansplained the origins of the word mainsplain and his date thought it was a knowing joke so he just went with it.

3 Likes

Finished it this morning while the in laws took our lad out. It was alright wasn’t a patch on the 1st series and the last episode wasn’t great. It’s obviously moving towards a conclusion possibly explaining why he is no longer in contact with his mates.

Also severe lack of tinhead and his mate throughout.