Lamps

Friends, I need lamps. I’ve been looking for lamps for a couple of days now and my two conclusions thuafar are a) there are millions of different sorts of lamps and b) most of them are horrible. So tell me, where did you get your lamps? Would you recommend them? Any dream lamps on your Pinterest/whatever?

FAO joke answer crew: by all means do your thing, but you’re really going to have to work to top some of the monstrosities I’ve seen on sale (apparently in earnest). The two prevailing lamp trends at the moment appear to be monkeys and antlers.

1 Like

Going to Chelsea :disappointed:

7 Likes

Recently realised I like Tiffany lamps

Had started Googling this to see if it was a fancy lamp shop before realising the joke.

2 Likes

what kind of lamp?

Freestander?
Table?
Desk?
Frankie lamps?

First two I think.

4 Likes

I’ve got some really cool lamps, they look like Jupiter. Might take a photo when I’m home, if you’re lucky.

they look like this but nowhere near as detailed

decent lampage

2 Likes

weirdly i am also in the market for a lamp

specifically for reading in bed. is a reading lamp different from a normal lamp? who knows

Can’t beat a nice anglepoise - if it’s good enough for Pixar…

I like that, although we already have a celestial globe (don’t ask) so those might look like we were pursuing a theme.

I have one of these as my bedside lamp:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Why is it that when you say you want to lamp someone that people know you mean you want to hit them?

1 Like

We’ve got this in our lounge:
https://www.habitat.co.uk/pole-oak-floor-lamp-with-white-shade-427298

and these in the bedroom
https://www.habitat.co.uk/maya-pair-of-copper-touch-lamps-with-cream-fabric-shades-268064

Do you know what I did when I needed a lamp

I got a cheap but nice brass stand thing from a junk shop, that had a horrible shade

Then I went to another shop and got a much nicer shade for it

Thanks

^ throwing shade

1 Like

Ikea and John Lewis

you may now kiss the bride

2 Likes