Lana del Rey vs Radiohead

:astonished: :astonished:

Also if they win then DJ Shadow should sue them for everything they did between 1996 - 1999 and BoC, and Aphex should go for everything between 1999 - present.

Lana del ReyThom Yorke

1 Like

I mean, 100% is a dickish move really (like the Bittersweet Symphony saga back in the 90s), but I mean, did nobody in Lana Del Rey’s management team/label think this might come up? They’re fucking identical in the verses.

I find this interesting because karma police is sexy Sadie with the chords reversed.

2 Likes

Hmm, built in player doesn’t seem to work. This might:

1 Like

Imagine anyone wanting to be in anyway related to Burn The Witch.

1 Like

I wanted to take her side because Radiohead always comes across as dickheads but that’s the same fucking song.

1 Like

That Talk Talk song is absolutely stunning innit. I don’t listen to them enough

3 Likes

Gotta admire the audacity of doing the exact same song and thinking you’ll get away with it. Wasn’t there’s a Sam Smith rip-off of it too?

2 Likes

tbf the verses are exactly the same but the chorus is probably ripping off something else that radiohead don’t deserve the credit for!

Also that talk talk beat is the same as Rabbit in the Headlights.

How can Radiohead sue her when the Hollies already sued them. Surely if she went its a rip off of The Hollies then Radiohead don’t get anything?

Wat

1 Like

It’s not the same just similar, what’s the issue? Vocal melody is pretty different and the lyrics are different, not the same chords either.

Clean guitars and a distantly miced kit are the only similarities here.

She’s done a better song than Creep, so really the court should make them pay her royalties. That’s what true justice would look like.

5 Likes

Iggy Pop should sue her for ripping off his album title and art concept

:smiley:

1 Like

ooohhhh shiiiittttt

2 Likes