Lana del Rey vs Radiohead

Plays in Lana del Rey’s favour this at least. If there’s one thing judges doesn’t like it’s a lack of mediation from one of the parties before it goes to court.

Anyone noticed how it goes from a verse to a chorus, to another verse, to ANOTHER chorus. Suspect!

THOM YORKE comes home after a hard day of doing his day job as personnel manager of Currys PC World (look it up if you don’t believe me)

THOM YORKE: Cor, readers! Managing the personnel of Currys PC World sure takes it out of me!

To relax, he sits down and listens to Lana del Rey

THOM YORKE: (after some time) What the hell is this chord progression doing here? It doesn’t belong here!

THOM YORKE is unsure what to do. He ordinarily wouldn’t be considered the sort of musician to pursue a lawsuit of this sort, but wants the world to hear the funny line he came up with above completely by accident and everything.

He phones JONNY GREENWOOD

THOM YORKE: Jonny should we sue Lana del Rey

JONNY GREENWOOD: Yeah, she come round me house the other day and broke some ornaments (hangs up)

THOM YORKE is confused by this

20 Likes

Exactly. It’s amazing.

Second chorus is pretty similar to the first chorus as well. Is nothing original here?!

Pretty sure I’m hearing a lot of G chords in both #wakeup

I listened to after the flood too and it was amazing. Id never heard it, if the rest of the album is that good then ive properly been missing out.

2 Likes

It’s a great album

1 Like

Ew Radiohead fans (all of them) are just like fans of Ricky and Morty (all of them)

IM PICKLE THOM!

5 Likes

in lana del reynbows

6 Likes

I voted for Lana Del Ray while fully accepting that it’s a rip-off, though I’d rather view it as a “knowing” tribute to the tune (it’s so different in style). Radiohead don’t need the money and Lana Del Ray isn’t looking to appropriate Radiohead’s sound.

1 Like

But enough about Arcade Fire

2 Likes

Fan of both, fine with your judgement.

What do you like?

3 Likes

Do they ACTUALLY sound the same or is it a reach?
Are there only similar vocal stylings?
Should LDR have ‘ripped off’ a better song?
Should samples be illegal?
Is the entire world turning on #LDR?

1 Like

It’s the same chord sequence, and very similar vocal melody.

3 Likes

I mean… did you listen to it? They massively sound the same. No horse in this race, cause if I was in Radiohead I would fully disown that piece of shit, but for some reason she’s definitely decided to copy it.

Also #yes except that absolute mentalist from twitter in the OP

5 Likes

Is LDR preventing Radiohead from making money off creep, or did she save herself any work by making this song. I think the answer in both cases is “no”.

I’d have thought instances like this can increase plays of the ‘original’ artists’ songs, leaving everyone better off.

Except anyone who actually listens to either song.

4 Likes