landfill indie

Also,
imagine having four guitarists in your band and making landfill dirge like The Others.
Not a single riff between them.

Fourguitaistsjeremy-peepshowmeme.gif

Still reckon Stan Bowles is a 10/10

2 Likes

This photo is great. I think I like it as much as the razorlight one.

Some nice details. Bloke on far left is visibly embarrassed to be there. Chap wearing sensible walking shoes as well.

I saw them in 2013 at Williams Green stage at glasto with the 6/7 person lineup… and really enjoyed them.

1 Like

Another Other? Sounds like it!

QPR, 1970s, BOOOOOOOOOOWWWLEEES!

Agreed, remember being really disappointed when finding out literally everything else they’d done was completely shite.

Was braced to hate this piece on the indie sleaze revival but actually it was good (although I was a few years older and found that whole scene very dull and try-hard at the time, one or two Libertines songs not withstanding imo tbh)

The idea that 00s mainstream indie was mostly male ego is spot on to be fair.

9 Likes

I used to work with Jimmy Lager! He had a different surname then. Absolutely lovely fellow, honestly one of the nicest guys I’ve ever worked with.

It’s weird I only really started paying attention to what was going on a few weeks ago but I’ve followed the instagram account for months.

My main thoughts are surely this is too soon for mid 00’s to 2012 revival and also I wonder if mainstream culture has some sort of reverting to the mean in the end. I haven’t been able to define yet beyond probably guitars, white men and leather jackets which is just something I find absolutely more depressing than having music from 2 decades ago being dragged up.

Will be even more depressing if some of the fantastic stuff coming out of Manchester is lost, lost is probably the wrong word, because everyone wants to push a Courteeners tribute band.

Probably should start an Indie Sleaze thread but I can’t be arsed.

William is also great. For the Poor is pretty solid too.

They weren’t a bad band!

2 Likes

The fuck is “London The Grace”

Looking at Streetview it’s a bar downstairs at the Garage???

They can’t be making any money off that.

Oh I went in there after Trail of Dead played Madonna, yeah it’s tiny :sweat_smile:

Finally! Doing the hits I imagine?

1 Like

love that this could’ve been a response to any of the bands discussed

3 Likes

Anyone listen to the new Sherlocks album? Has a few bangers on there, sounds very samey so need to give it more spins.

I’ve realized I love good landfill indie I’m pretty nostalgic for it after seeing it die off and having pop disguised as indie take over. Need to put together a list of active modern landfill indie bands.

2 Likes

Please do

Snuts
Amazons
Lathums

Catfish

Alright let’s do this then

The Spitfires
Milburn (they still count they released music recently)
Eades
Do Nothing (or is this closer to post-punk?)