Landlords and/or Letting Agents are pricks [rolling]

Fuck. Walk around the house telling everyone the landlord is a prick then.

1 Like

Estate agent came in to do a viewing while I was doing a big poo. I knew he was coming at some point but that’s just typical isn’t it.

I’m hiding in my gfs flat atm. Can’t hack the awkwardness of any of it.

:frowning:

Moved out of my (unfurnished) flat last weekend - my ex and I installed a nice, not cheap IKEA bathroom cupboard when we moved in as there was no storage in the bathroom at all.

It was attached to the wall and we had to get someone in to install it. We didn’t have the energy to take it apart when we moved so we left it there in the hope that (possibly naively) the housing association will see it as a nice addition to the flat and not charge us.

• Hosing association will see it as a perfectly acceptable addition and not charge us
  • LOL you’re fucked

0 voters

I’m gonna go with: housing association will see it as a nice addition, but charge you anyway.

9 Likes

Getting messages saying I must pay my first month’s rent for my new digs by Monday despite the fact I’m not moving until the 1st July.

Full deposit returned :sunglasses:

10 Likes

moved into new place and they have those fancy recessed halogen/led lights embedded in the ceiling in every room. there’s like 6 - 8 per room. seven rooms. 12 of them aren’t working. letting agent says if we buy replacements and send a receipt they’ll reimburse us. presumably we have to physically fit them all ourselves. so what’s that all about? cheapest i could find these lightbulbs was like 8 quid per bulb, i am not a rich man.

Spotlights? They usually just screw in, it isn’t too much faff.

I lived in a flat with them but a lot of them were burnt out. Dark times :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I got charged £85 by a letting agent a few years ago for replacing two of these lightbulbs that had blown when we moved out. Beyond irritating.

1 Like

i wouldn’t mind 1 or 2, it’s all in the game, but 12 bulbs is annoying af. i just don’t wanna spend an hour fiddling about with lightbulbs i guess. also they say they’ll reimburse but you just know you’ll end up chasing them for that money.

1 Like

Deduct it from your rent maybe?

1 Like

full refund! handy lil boost at the end of the month, next round on me!

3 Likes
  • landlord provides housing he knows to be substandard

• Blames you for issues with the property

• ???

• Profit!

Tale as old as time…

3 Likes

The postscript at the end :sunglasses::fire::fire:

Isn’t that an old South Park thing?

found it:

1 Like

our letting agent is an absolute demon, she made us buy our own fire alarms and eventually reimbursed us. I wish we had just called the council and got them the £5k fine but we didn’t want to start a war with her as our tenancy agreement is a year long

Referring to this

Postscript: the morning after I published this, Wilson published an article on the Property118 website, complaining that debt collectors working for a utility company had demanded payment from him, but wouldn’t give him any details of the supposed debt. He advocates keeping a detailed log of all the time spent dealing with this terrible situation, and seeking costs at the legal rate of £19 per hour. Thanks for the heads-up Fergus, I will.

Fergus Wilson is an awful, awful man.