Languages (rolling/polls)

Sí, viví en Madrid. Me dio más confidencia.

3 Likes

My dad has started doing a thing where he has a Skype call with a Spanish bloke who’s learning English every week, an hour in English and an hour in Spanish. Theyve started giving each other homework and I think he’s going to visit my dad when he goes to London on Holiday. Proper dorky but also adorable and quite a good idea I reckon. Can’t remember what the websites called that sorts it, and it needs to be people with a pretty good starting level of ability in the language I guess

13 Likes

Does computer programming language count :nerd_face:

Not looking forward to going outside Galicia tbh. My spanish is pretty much Gallespañol right now :frowning:

2 Likes

NO.

I like Galician, it’s like Spanish and Portuguese’s forgotten about third sibling

1 Like

Meeting me for a ‘cerveza’ in ‘Barcelona’ in ‘quatro’ weeks, m9?

4 Likes

INTERCAMBIO

properly hate language exchanges because I get exhausted with small talk and start focussing more on how to get through that than improving my language

1 Like

AllaMENDI…

Allamendi.

3 Likes

Might be the best preview still of any YouTube video

4 Likes

In a league where Chris Coleman, Garry Neville, Toshack and Tony Adams have done stints, Moyes is still regarded with the most humour here.

Actually, no, Van Gaal is, but still

Did you ever live in Japan? Did your Japanese improve a lot living there if so?

Superior to both languages, obviously

1 Like

GF wants me to learn Irish again. She went to a Gaelscoil so is pretty good at it but I went to two schools with terrible Irish teachers so mine is fucking awful. Have an awful time putting sentences together and remembering vocabulary. Might have to put some solid effort in later in the year.

2 Likes

“Uno, dos, quattro… times…” has one of the all time great comedic timings on any line ever uttered by anyone.

2 Likes

Don’t think I have the brain or will to learn another language.

People who speak more than one language are amazing though, I think it’s the most impressive thing I can imagine

Really annoying when the bilingual story books I get for Jnr don’t directly translate. Surely for toddlers you need to be mirroring the phrases.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear :grinning:

currently on a 436 day streak on duolingo norwegian

and am shit at speaking norwegian