Largest sporting match you've attended.

Possibly dortmund vs monchengladbach? I dunno. Capacity there is about 81,000 and it was full.

That’s the one, yes! Put up some friends of a friend who were Leinster fans in the house for it and they gave me a ticket in return. Great fun

We t to the 2014 Heineken Cup final in the Millennium (Toulon Saracens, Wilkinson’s last match). Great place for a rugby match. Especially as a neutral. Can really get lost in the atmosphere

1 Like

Loads of sold out games at Murrayfield, including a few Calcutta Cup matches

Yankees v Red Sox felt pretty big.

Loads of “big” soccerball games in Scotland, but the attendances only go up to around 60k or so.

Year 2000 Auto windscreens shield final, Bristol City V Stoke at Wembley

Bristol City lost 2-1 :thinking:

Thrilling Thursday at the London Paralympics. 80000 very noisy people.

1991 FA Cup Final - Forest v Spurs at Wembley, 80,000.

Gazza should have been sent off not stretchered off, still dislike him & Spurs.

I was 7 and my Dad let me stay up for the pens on TV. Where were you sitting when Baggio skyed it?! Spoiler alert sorry for anyone who’s still on Italia ‘90.

1 Like

Haha. Think we were side-on and quite high up but legend has it my dad still caught Baggio’s penalty :rofl:

1 Like

Probably one of those early NFL International Series games at Wembley. The internet tells me the crowd for Patriots vs Bucs in 2009 was 84,254.

Great atmosphere, but the Bucs weren’t very good at the time so not much of a contest.

In terms of crowd, England v France at Wembley in about 1999, I think. When Howard Wilkinson was caretaker.

France won 2-0, Zidane was majesterial, Anelka scored twice wearing goalie gloves.

Jason Wilcox came on for England in the 86th minute and it was Lee Dixon’s final international cap.

Probably the England/France 6 Nations match in 2017. Don’t know what the actual attendance was, but Twickenham capacity is 82,000 and there weren’t many empty seats.

On the other end of things I have seen a Sheffield Shield match at the MCG attended by I think 131 people.

To answer the real question I reckon Atlanta Falcons at New York Giants - September 20th, 2015 - 77,678

1 Like

Summerslam 1992 at Wembley

80,355 (disputed)