Lasagne

• Save the top layer of lasagne with the crispy bits for the glorious final few bites
  • Eat all the layers together

0 voters

i can never get it out the dish and onto the plate without destroying it

Sometimes the answer is just staring you in the face

1 Like

I once made a lasagne with pancetta lardons fried into the beef mix (following a recipe) and the next day told my Italian colleague that I’d made a lasagne the night before and her first question was “yes but did you use pancetta?” so that’s my tip. Follow a recipe that uses pancetta lardons…

1 Like

May I ask how are you layering your lasagne?

1. Ragu
  2. lasagne sheet
  3. bechamel

?

2 Likes

You may!

1. Ragu
  2. Sauce
  3. Pasta

Ending on sauce then adding cheese

1 Like

Aah, apologies stating the obvious here but if you do ragu, lasagne sheet, bechamel it’ll stop the ragu and bechamel running together!

Either way tasty lasagne tho :blush:

I have a food shop arriving later but because of this thread I think I’m also going to go to the supermarket and buy everything I need to make a lasagne!!

1 Like

Harry Hill used to have a bit about this that me and my grandad used to love

I am not aware of it, will google.

1 Like

Please let me know if you find it. My grandad had it taped but I’ve never been able to find it :frowning:

My recipe of choice is the Cranks recipe. Yes, it is vegetarian. Yes, it is gooooood. If anyone wants it I’ll take a photo for ya.

Oooh :frowning: I doubt I will if you’ve already tried. Sorry to hear you can’t find it.

1 Like

I usually put cheese in my bechamel, that’s what mornay is isn’t it?

1 Like

I use Jamie Oliver’s Bolognese recipe. It’s Rosemary, streaky bacon, onion, garlic, mince, sun dried tomatoes, red wine, tins of toms. Reduce down.

Then I just made up the bechamel. Butter, flour, bay leaf, milk, pepper, fuck tonne of mature cheddar.

I don’t like sloppy things so tend to cook everything down quite a lot. Probably too much Tbh.

Layer it up. More cheese on top. Bung it in the oven. Let it cool down. Serve with salad or salad and CHIPS. Consume.

Probably not the best but I like it!

I should provably look into other recipes, I saw Tom Kerridge did something where he oven cooked the mince. Ah well.

1 Like

I like to channel popular sitcom New Girl by having a Gooey Bechamel be the star of the show

2 Likes

I always use the fresh lasagna sheets - obvs homemade even better

The dried never seems to cook properly just in the oven , I know you can pre boil it a bit but, hassle

Always should be a pork product in with the ragu

And get some cheese in the bechamel

Underappreciated post, imo

But you are just reversing the order? So I put ragu and then bechamel. You do bechamel and then repeat with ragu?

Ohhh!! I see what you’re saying. Ignore me. I am a fool :laughing: bahaha. Sorry about that.

It took me drawing out a diagram to make me get it. LOL. (Excuse the crumbs).

15 Likes

Hang on, does no one take a tiny bit of ragu, just enough to wet the bottom of the dish, then lay a sheet at the bottom of the dish before adding a proper layer of ragu?

4 Likes