Last FM 2022 round up

Sod the Spotify nonsense, let’s the the real stats involved. Give us your most listened to bands and albums.

The listening clubs I’ve been running over the year have had a big impact on the numbers, and I still listen to a lot of Mogwai.

The albums list gives a far better idea to my favourite music of the year and makes me think that maybe I should have picked a different top 10 for my end of year list.

And lets just post that list again. For luck. :smiley:

5 Likes

No matter how much new music I listen to, I always binge on the older stuff. I feel like I rediscovered µ-Ziq this year… and how to type µ as Alt+230 :smiley:

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

What’s that? Two plays of the Big Thief album or something?

1 Like

Top artists

Top albums

2 Likes

have I really listened to 1667 different artists this year? I blame Music League.

Would also be nice if there was a “time listened” filter, because all those Bad Religion songs are three minutes tops, and most of the Sadness ones start at quarter of an hour and go up from there.

4 Likes

As you can see I don’t listen to an awful lot of music through Last.fm:

Artists:

Albums:

1 Like

1 Like

Still got another 6 or so hours to go yet, can’t show mine yet!

2 Likes

Only 15 minutes to listen to 5003 songs to beat last year. There’s a possibility I may not make it.

3 Likes

Artists of 2022:

Albums of 2022:

26,139 scrobbles total, my highest to date.
Breakdown: 1210 artists, 2258 albums, 17,195 different tracks.

3 Likes

47,655 scribbles, 19,834 different tracks. New personal records, but I never found anything I really loved, probably for the first time ever.

just a little over 5 hours to go here on West Coast USA.

Artists

Albums
I want to “normalize” my top albums list so that it takes into account the number of tracks and levels the playing field, but that’s too much work.

Bonus Last.collage of the year’s albums I snapped before midnight. Naturally a few albums I only played once or twice showing up because they have a lot of tracks (Cities Aviv, Helvetia, Powerplant).

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like