Last movie you didn’t finish

Orlando - was really good but friend had to catch their bus halfway through the runtime and just haven’t gone back to it yet. Will probs just restart though as I was loving the tone and look of it

There’s probably quite a lot of films I watch the first 10 mins of and decide I’m not feeling up for it, but I’d say that’s different than not finishing per se, that’s more like not starting

Good film, but the way Jonathan Pryce’s hero chases the woman of his (literal) dreams is stalking and shouldn’t be heroised.
Also, Michael Palin is brilliant as the torturing villain. He should have played more bad guys, imo.

1 Like

Cats. I thought it might be so bad it’s good, but it was so bad, it was bad. The kids hated it as well. It really is the low watermark for me. Probably only lasted 25 mins.

Couple of Netflix jobbers

Raw Deal - was fine, just wasn’t really in the mood
The Sum of All Fears - realised the time and decided it was time to go to bed instead of finishing it

Might have been a few that I had on in the background but the last one I remember was Aquaman, genuinely one of the worst big blockbuster type films I’ve watched. I thought the beginning was a wind up, dialogue was so bad.

1 Like

Can’t remember if I finished Paddington 2 or not. Found it deeply annoying and shit

1 Like

:fire::fire::fire:

4 Likes

I never finished Paddington 1 a while back for similar reasons…not even tried Paddington 2.

1 Like

I think 2 is the best rated film ever on RT which utterly baffled me. It really annoyed me

3 Likes

Whack Pudsey The Movie on for that

1 Like

I think they found a negative review and it’s lost its place.

I enjoyed Paddington 2, it was fine but I’m similarly baffled by the adulation.

2 Likes

The best bit of the film is the post-credits sequence.

The most significant bit is the mid-credits sequence

The ‘bad guys in the pub explaining the whole plot like Dr Evil in Austin Powers’ is preeeety poor.

But otherwise I had a lot of fun.

2 Likes

yeah I’m aware calling it deeply annoying and shite is my (over)-reaction, it’s clearly not a bad film and it’s well made with its heart in the right place, but I can’t believe how it’s seen as one of the greatest sequels or films ever. Like it’s okay for an afternoon on a Sunday or around Christmas, and I can see why people would rewatch it but I can’t see why people get excited by it or think it’s a masterpiece

3 Likes

Lol I liked Cats. My kid went through a big big phase when it came out. Listened to Rum Tum Tugger on repeat daily.

1 Like

Maybe it got better :slight_smile: I thought my kids would like it TBH but they weren’t buying it. I love to songs from the musical but yeah. Not for me.

1 Like

I liked it too! Was pleasantly surprised to be honest and thought it suffered from the classic pile on that sometimes happens on the internet where people don’t want to go against the grain.

Like I get that there were problems but once you got used to the style of it, it wasn’t that laughable or ‘so bad it’s good’ type film

1 Like

Yeah that film is really bad, I thought it would be fun but it is just poor.

I just don’t get how DC get it wrong so often. Other than Man of Steel (I get the whole chaotic bit at the end is rubbish) and the Nolan Batman films I can’t think of any others that have been decent. Aquaman’s biggest problem should have been the CGI but honestly the dialogue and action sequences were so, so bad

DC films are really uneven and inconsistent. It’s such a shame because the source material is so strong. Aquaman is one of the worst, but I hated superman vs batman as well. That said, I liked Joker and I’m looking forward to The Suicide Squad, so I guess I’m a still a sucker.

Ah yeah I forget about Joker, plus Wonder Woman was decent if not a bit boring. Yeah probably not as bad as I painted it out to be!

1 Like