Last night i was in a conversation

where someone started talking about watsky and his conscious lyrics

that’s all thanks bye

5 Likes

so this is the new forum, eh

how does this tagging thing work? i want to tag conscious rap but it’s not letting me

#neverforget

2 Likes

I imagine the tag ‘conscious rap’ hasn’t been created yet, and you have to be TRUST LEVEL something or other to do it

new forum is so hierarchical and elitist

5 Likes

nationalise tagging

3 Likes

sean has literally dubbed himself the evil overlord

1 Like

@xylo

1 Like

i went with the studio (but also managed to negotiate it down to 450 euros a month all inclusive). still not sure if i like it or not cos i’ve just been dead busy all the time

i think i’m glad i didn’t decide to live with complete strangers but now there are a coupla people looking for flatmates who seem cool and i wish i’d had the time to wait and find good people to live with. however the landlord did say if i need to get out early i can readvertise it and find someone to take over the contract. reckon i should probably stick it out for a couple of months and then consider whether to do that

1 Like

however this DOES mean that i have absolutely loads of space for people to stay so come visit!

can someone please join me in acknowledging once again how absolute cringe this is please

its historical significance is that it was the first watsky song xylo posted in the watsky thread as a conscious rap recommendation. this is the one he chose. this one.

1 Like

i appreciate your ability to self-reflect and grow xylo. but to truly come to terms with our mistakes it’s important to be confronted with them every once in a while

1 Like

Thinly veiled “I had a conversation” post

1 Like

When I read the title I thought this could be a classic. When I read the OP it was clear it wasnt.

i just earned basic user trust level 1 status out of this thread alone pal. if that’s not success i don’t know what is

3 Likes

I’m a conscious rapper and I’m here to say
I make all my decisions in an ethical way
Wiki wiki wiki wik wiki wiki wik wack
I rock this mic that’s made of recycled blutack

while looking for the lyrics i found something even better: the genius annotations

Watsky is rhetorically asking if nobody likes women with soul and warmth. He then mentions The Ring, a Horror film in which a haunted video steals the souls of anyone who watches it. This double use of the word soul is a pun, though a great one rather than what we imagine as dry, tasteless humor.

2 Likes

Watsky isn’t materialistic. So he doesn’t care about having expensive things.

If you happen to be a very fake and materialistic girl, Watsky doesn’t want anything to do with you. Keep walking.

He also makes wordplay by saying “licking on your Gucci” which can be a word for a girl’s vagina but is also a brand of accessories, and “rubbing my Vera Wang” being a reference to rubbing his dick, but Vera Wang is also a designer of wedding dresses.

9 Likes

so many layers

1 Like

yeah oxford seems like a housing nightmare :frowning: but on the other hand, you are going to oxford!!! when do you start at uni?