Last night's gig was

Low at Union Chapel (maybe this goes in that thread?)
Superb gig, great venue, no chatting. The equivalent of a warm fire in a cosy pub. Joyous.

2 Likes

Nvm

3 Likes

Indeed. Great songs, hilarious, and a really good vibe all round.

The Fat White Family at the Windmll. It was a Hate zine fundraiser and they only did around 8 songs but it was truly magnificent to see them in a tiny venue.

1 Like

They’ve been at this for years though, lads. Ever since Puzzle came out you’d be lucky to get 2 tracks from the first 3 albums in a full set. A shite state of affairs.

1 Like

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

4 Likes

Last Sunday in fact. Oozing Wound. Bloody excellent. Sex Swing were rather super too. Cheers.

Against Me!

Great show. Played a lot of the newer stuff but dipped into the back catalogue sufficiently to keep the older fans happy.

What I would say is that I reckon there’s probably been a bit of a noticeable shift in the demographic of their audience in the last couple of years. There seemed to be a lot of people there because of LJG and the whole transgender thing. Left me wondering how many people would have been there if the band was still being fronted by plain old Tom Gabel.

I look crap with my top off.

bit of a catch up here as did 4 gigs in a row in quite possible my best gig week ever

first up was the SFA fuzzy logic/ radiator show supported by the excellent scarlet rascal
agree with the poster above who said that radiator came across better live
have seen them before a few times, but this was the best most fun one

next day was the low xmas show in st George’s in Bristol, another church gig for them in 2 sets. preferred the evening with low show earlier in the year, but was a great show

then off to London for girl band at the scala with goat girl & traams supporting
great show, band were on fine form, had missed them massively.

up to Manchester for girl band again at gorilla
show better than the day before, v similar set list
lovely little venue though

then we nipped across town for a “surprise” cabbage show at a café in fallowfield
first time I’d seen them, not sure they’d have quite the same reaction outside of Manchester yet, with 90% of the crowd knowing all the words & a joyous rabble they were. will see again.

1 Like

Left the Aberdeen gig at the exact same point after checking the set list. Felt they could’ve cut at least 7 songs and given Brand New the time they deserved also.

Bumper update for me having done three shows in four nights, which I’ve not done for a loooong time.

First up, Super Furry Animals @ The Roundhouse doing Fuzzy Logic/Radiator. Although they’ve never been my absolute favourite band at any stage, this was the 12th time seeing them which I guess is testament to their longevity and consistency. Thought the crowd were a little subdued for Fuzzy Logic, but I guess that’s the problem when you know the entire setlist in advance. Everyone came alive for Radiator and an epic as ever encore of The Man Don’t Give A Fuck. Lovely stuff all round.

Then, Jim Bob @ The 100 Club. Last date of his first solo tour in awhile and he was obviously enjoying himself - it’s been some time since I’ve seen a performer quite that drunk. Backed on a bunch of Carter USM songs by Chris T-T, this was a proper singalong/knees up and great fun.

Finally Kate Tempest, back at The Roundhouse last night. I’ve previously found her a bit annoying, but a friend had a spare ticket last minute so I figured I’d give it a go. Was very impressed - the stage show, band, her delivery and the quality of the material was outstanding throughout. Ordered a copy of the album on the way home enjoyed it so much.

didnt Chris T-T once have a massive cry cause DiS gave his album a bad review

I’ve never particularly followed his career tbh tbf…

I saw Boris last night. Tight as fuck, noisy as fuck.

5 Likes

Was good!

Primal Scream at Brixton Academy. Having heard horror stories about their live shows in the past, was pleasantly surprised how great it was. Swastika Eyes/Loaded was one hell of a double-whammy.

Not last night, but Wednesday night: Cate Le Bon at Islington Academy. Brilliant as ever.

Seen the Scream a couple of times this year and they’ve been really good on both occasions. Probably the best performances since the XTRMNTR days. Plus it seems like they are genuinely enjoying themselves for the first time in a long time.

Ash @ The Garage, Glasgow

This was the last night of the ‘1977 album in full’ tour.

As usual with these album shows you do realise that nearly every album has at least one duffer that you never listen to (or in this case 2 or 3). Nevertheless it was a good night especially as they added in the early classics like Petrol and Jack Names the Planets.

Plus any band that can do the Cantina Band song and then play an ABBA cover without getting bottled off are obviously doing something right.

3 Likes

Bit too hungover to go into the details but Boris were fucking great last night, dead good.

2 Likes