Last night's gig was

Not much, My Black Ass and maybe one new one can’t really remember. Didn’t expect them to take the stage at 8.45 so some people might have still been in the boozer.

Ah right (we were some of those people), glad we didn’t miss a huge amount. Think we were in there just before 9 and quite surprised it had already started.

Grizzly Bear @ ABC last night.

Great set. Got into them after they’d toured Shields so been waiting a while to see. Worth the wait. They are so bloody good at harmonies. Would have liked more off Shields but they’re touring Painted Ruins and it’s a great album so only a minor gripe there. Played a fair amount off Veckatimest.

Sun Is In Your Eyes though, what an absolute masterpiece!

Was anyone else there? There was an absolute banger playing over the PA as everyone was clearing out that I’d like to hear again. Sounded a bit like Cut Copy I guess?

Yep I was there, I left quite sharp but I think it was The Horrors Something to Remember Me By

YES! Thanks man :slight_smile:

Loved the Shellac show, thought they were on fine form. Didn’t Steve have clean and glossy hair?

1 Like

Someone in the crowd was yelling bullshit during Steve’s monologue and some people told that person to shut up, not Steve. Steve thought people were telling him to shut up, I felt a bit embarrassed about it.

They started with Canada, My Black Ass and Copper. Squirrel Song was somewhere early too.

They are so good.

they were unusually late starting compared to the time announced on the facebook event page - q hole 5 minutes after scheduled

I’m not on shellacstagetimebook, thankfully someone was (although they were somewhat embarrassed by the shoddy time keeping after telling me they would be on exactly on time.

Yep, cracking show! Ed’s voice was sensational.

1 Like

5 mins early in London last time!

Slowdive @ ABC

Aye… it was good. They were good. Just didn’t feel as good as the Art School gig. Not sure if it was because it was in a bigger room (still sounded pretty good) or the novelty had worn off that I’d seen them. Setlist was pretty much the same. Towards the end I was feeling a bit “alright guys wrap it up, want to get up the road” It’s good to have them back. Played Dagger, that was cool.

2 Likes

Melvins : Bristol : Exchange

Very enjoyable, my neck hurts now.

1 Like

Who do they think they are!

Ha! Glad to know that I’m not the only one who was surprised by how much the last Horrors single sounded like Cut Copy…

ABC is a shit venue I think, don’t like where the bar is, the acoustics are shite and it always feels flat

Mountain Goats - Shepherd’s Bush Empire

Great show. Played as a stripped back duo for the most part (a brief solo segment was thrown in, and some backing singers joined them for a couple of songs). Obviously quite a Goths heavy set, but plenty of other “hits” thrown in for good measure. New Year and No Children were wonderfully raucous, as you would expect. Darnielle on especially good form with the anecdotes and bantz. My dad loved it (his first time seeing them), which was nice.

Aye, sometimes I think it’s not that bad but… it is isn’t it? It’s pish. Better than the academy but that’s not saying much.

Whit, I think the academy is much better and that’s crap

Shut up ya pie. Academy is the worst venue in the city (bar the SECC, obvs)