Last night's gig was

Also going tonight. Cant believe it’s not sold out. Maybe seating is partly to do with it and people dont want to be sat at the back. Should be great though. More excited for TTS

Just think, if Slaves had their way, you might have missed out on that.

1 Like

I assumed that there would be standing. To quote from their website

Can I get up and dance?
On certain events such as music concerts patrons are allowed to stand and dance. Please enquire with Box Office on 02920 878444.

Can’t wait to stand and dance at St Davids Hall

Can’t wait to stand and dance at Reading

FTFY

Didn’t spot you, but would have been hard as I think we both fit the standard Mogwai attendee looks so don’t exactly stand out!

Probably my favourite time seeing Mogwai, think Every Country’s Sun was a return to form after finding Rave Tapes pretty dull. Highlight for me was Don’t Believe The Fife, live the first half of the song is pure John Carpenter building to that huge crescendo and of course the Fear Satan / Like Herod double whammy was phenomenally loud.

5 Likes

We didn’t get to stand and dance after all.

Was a great gig, although seating felt weird, especially during The Twilight Sad. My Father My King sounded huge.

1 Like

Mogwai and The Twilight Sad at St Davids Hall, Cardiff.

First time seeing the Twilight Sad and they were honestly brilliant. The hall could have been a cavernous space but they filled the room and it felt like a headline set. Looking forward to the new album and hopefully they tour these parts again. First Mogwai show since Primavera 2011 and they were fantastic. Thought the new stuff worked particularly well. Had goosebumps during Don’t believe the Fife and Every Country’s Son soared. The lights were amazing and the whole thing was loud as shit. In summary: Great double bill.

5 Likes

Sorry only just saw this. Thanks! Will definitely try to track down the documentary.

1 Like

Saw RAKTA at Rough Trade Bristol. Cool Brazilian drone thing. Was well good.

Yeah, the seating was a bit weird initially but it was a great gig, second time I’d seen them (first time being at the Uni which is a terrible venue). I didn’t suffer from any tall man’s guilt and our seats were 7 rows back and central, I’d only recently bought Every County’s Sun and after seeing them live it’s really clicked. I might start taking my own seat to gigs from here on in, man of a certain age and all that.

DeVotchKa at Union Chapel. An absolutely joy, especially when everyone finally got up to dance during “Such A Lovely Thing”

Saw Waxahatchee and Kevin Morby last night - wonderful show!

Her voice really is something special, Kev was great too - I would just just love to see his full band show (understand much easier to travel here on a solo tour)

Great duets to finish as well, especially Jason Molina’s ‘The Dark Don’t Hide It’

3 Likes

Hinds in Edinburgh. Barely knew a single song or lyric but a great performance and crazy crowd made it one of my fav gigs for years. Forgot how fun it can be to just throw yourself into a mosh pit and put your trust in the arms of strangers … literally!

3 Likes

Soft Moon at the Scala
9/10

2 Likes

I’m off to see these tonight, quite excited. First gig in a long time and i’ve blasting the last 2 albums today.

very visual and energetic, not like Id expected.
have a blast

1 Like

Also they covered Spanish Bombs, which is obvs a great song, but was also amusing to hear it done with perfectly sung Spanish parts and heavily accented English sections for a change

1 Like

Mudhoney: This was so much fun. A career spanning set list, delivered with real energy - to the extent that the (very middle aged) crowd got a proper mosh pit going, including crowd surfers. Just a great live band.

The support were a very pleasant surprise too. I hadn’t heard of Thee Hyonotics before, and therefore didn’t realise that they’re Jim Jones’ original band from the 80’s/90’s. Acted like headliners rather than a support. Brilliant.

2 Likes

Pigs x7 at the Fulford Arms in York. Its a small pub venue, it’s sold out, it’s hot and sweaty, it’s loud and it’s brilliant. Pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

Isn’t that twice in as many weeks that we’ve been at the same gig? (you said that you were at Teenage Fanclub, right?)

Did you get there in time to see Thee Hypnotics?