Last night's gig was

I was there too. Great fun gig.

The woman on the doors, checking tickets etc. was the live guitarist from Desperate Journalist. I had a quick chat. Really nice person.

1 Like

Yeah she’s been in bands for years, does that Fall tribute band (The Fallen Women), she’s great!

1 Like

Anyone see The Armed in Brissol last night? Holy moly - easily one of the most intense gigs I’ve been to in ages. Just unrelenting. I’m hoping my hearing will return at some point today. Best moment was seeing that famous gig dude (forgotten his name at the mo) using the strobe lighting to carefully select what sort of pen he wanted to use for his drawing while everyone else was absolutely losing their shit. Phoxjaw had a strong shirt game as well (nice riffs also).

1 Like

I wasn’t there, but that’ll be him, he has started sketching during gigs… he was doing that at The Lemonheads the other day!

2 Likes

That’s the one! I love how comfortable he is - always answering the vague, rhetorical comments of the bands as if they were asking him directly!

2 Likes

He’d headbang for a bit, sketch, headbang, sketch! Then really amiably show the front guy and get a hug. Brilliant.

7 Likes

Have only been to a handful of Bristol shows but I know who he is!

I was preparing a rant for the Set Times thread at 9:55pm last night, but Laura Gibson was more than worth the wait. Perfect control of her voice and her guitar playing was incredibly varied without sounding obtuse. Good dorky chat and she managed to keep a crowd singalong going for a full song despite a small, quiet crowd. Really, really excellent gig.

1 Like

I’m listening to the new album as I type this. I’m seeing her at a church in Bethnel Green next week. Such a brilliant album. The last song is stunning. Really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Yola at Rough Trade East yesterday. Brilliant album. Went under the radar on DiS perhaps but just a great album. If you have a soft spot for Dusty Springfield, you’ll love her.

1 Like

Was most of the set from the new album?:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

A hefty chunk of it. Even the older stuff I wasn’t so familiar with sounded fantastic though. :+1:

1 Like

Yola anecdote: once met her and ended up having a very long conversation with her. She’s lovely. By the end of the conversation I had agreed to do her website, but it didn’t happen in the end for some reason!

1 Like

I just had a quick hello and thank you during the album signing. She’s did indeed come across as a lovely person (and has one hell of a voice).

1 Like

Teeth of the Sea at the Moth Club.

They were amazing, just a hour of trance inducing heaviness, I miss the live drummer in the set up but not enough to take away from how good that show was. :smiley:
I can’t believe they opened up with Gladiators ready :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Glad I finally got to hear Responder live - did not disappoint

Enjoyed Petbrick too - Igor Cavelera on drums!!! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Big Jeff?

1 Like

The Might Mighty Bosst… nah Twilight Sad. Bloody epic! EPIC

7 Likes

Hadn’t seen Igor drum since the Chaos AD tour :smiley: It was brilliant to see although I was right at the front of the drums and my ears are still ringing :open_mouth:

Really enjoying Wraith, but came to TOTS a bit too late for this gig. Lots of stuff off Wraith played?