Last Weekend of the Season Football Thread

I don’t think this has been posted here yet (apologies if it has)

9 Likes

I know none of you care but yessssssssssssssssssssss

3 Likes

Tomkins IN

Based on stats

I saw stats that suggest Ederson’s the third worst goalie in the league…

As I’ve said before Tomkins has been outstanding.

Has anyone ever been promoted through the playoffs with all three games ending in draws?

Huddersfield did that last season, 0-0 and 1-1 v Sheff Wed in the semi, 0-0 won on pens v Reading in the final.

1 Like

Ha. Superb. Don’t know why I woke up wondering about it, but glad it has happened. Thanks BTE!

1 Like

Yep, they also went up with a negative goal difference.

1 Like

i love stats like that too. i know that Brentford got in the playoffs one year with a goal difference of -3, but as it’s Brentford we obviously lost - 8 playoffs so far, still no wins :clap:

£80m for Milinkovic-Savic

Two international caps

:joy::joy:

Jose’s quest to win the league by his team being taller than everyone else’s continues

The situation at Sporting is absolutely mad

Jose’s Giants

4 Likes

Hey guy, do you think your club(s) is boring? Most active recent thread on a Wigan forum is about us RELAYING THE PITCH.

just checked ours and one of the top threads is a 12 page effort about someone who didn’t get an invite to the end of season dinner

good post

F.C. United forum top thread is about the ex groundsman wishing disability on Alex Ferguson then about a break in at the ground then a thread about Salford’s manager

Allardyce sacked then.

Bit conflicted on this. It’s difficult to hope for the future - or at least delude yourself into thinking things can get a lot better - if he’s the manager. Not helped that a lot of the younger lads started getting fewer minutes too once he came in.

But he’s been treated pretty appallingly by a fair few of the fans, and it’s crap to see that kind of behaviour rewarded. The job he did wasn’t really that bad. The things he said weren’t really that bad. People just didn’t want him though.

Glad that what was really a very toxic situation is done with, but it’s - and the past 12 months generally - hasn’t half dented my love/enthusiasm for football.

There should be a fair few clubs thinking about pulling the trigger and getting Big Sam in now, bad fit for Everton as for some reason they thought they were above him but he is so blatantly the best of the old-school managerial merry-go-round candidates.

1 Like