Last Weekend of the Season Football Thread

Come on without his insight no one would be aware that Godin is any good.

shame really cuz it started fkn great

1 Like

ridiculously poor competition really isn’t it

Atlético and Marseille… definitely no chance of crowd trouble

1 Like

Now that we know Griezmann’s going to Barca for £95m or so, i reckon City might let Agüero go back to Atleti this summer, for, hmmm, £50m-ish.

He’s obviously worth twice that, but there’s meant to be a gentleman’s agreement in place to rip up his contract next summer so he can go back to Independiente, so…

Would need a replacement lined up. What’s Benjani up to?

Still have absolutely no idea how Griezmann at Barca is gonna work.

Only thing I can think of is… Messi drops further back still and plays the Iniesta role? Which he could do better than anyone else in the world, but just seems a bit of a waste. Seems the natural conclusion for him but too soon.

Griezmann just off Suarez like he plays with Costa at the moment. Busquets and Rakitic harrying & holding… Messi and Coutinho in midfield behind the strikers. Sounds pretty sexy but I reckon it’d be a bit too open probably. & Dembele (a hundred million pound player!!) pushed further back in the pecking order

2 Likes

I’ve read some people saying they could loan Dembélé out, dunno about that. Surely they could just sell Alcácer, maybe loan Denis Suárez out again and have five players for three positions - Messi, Luis Suárez, Coutinho, Dembélé, Griezmann - that’s assuming they don’t see Coutinho in the middle.

Wasn’t coutinho brought in for the iniesta role? Really stupid transfer if it happens especially since it looks like dembele will have more of a role next year

Messi seems to have taken a shine to dembele so doubt a loan happens

There’s a couple of youth players ready to make the step up, Alena and Busquets II: The Bloodening, and a load of players they could sell - Alcacer, Gomes, Vidal, finalise Rafinha, Denis Suarez

But yeah… dunno. Still weird.

Nice finish.

depends what you’re comparing it to i guess

all other football competitions

it’s among the best

2 Likes

That was probably my favourite attempt on goal in a game of professional football that I’ve watched. Very, very funny shot.

2 Likes

Shame atletico fans are the worst on the continent innit

2 Likes

Yeah that was fucking brilliant

enjoyed the look of pure shame on his face afterwards

1 Like