Late night albums.

Pretty much every night at the end of the day I play The Division Bell. It’s not even their best album but it’s so relaxing and it fits the end of the day so well.

Late night albums please.

4 Likes
17 Likes
1 Like
10 Likes

quite possibly the best album of the 1990s

3 Likes

Dark, Mysterious and Atmospheric. Perfect late night listening…

12 Likes

I still listen to some of the DiS late night playlists. This was a damn good thread.

5 Likes

Thought you’d be listening to a bit of punk!?

2 Likes

Was listening to spooky old Desert music a lot during lockdown. Great nightime listening

1 Like

You should get it going again, pal.

Agreed the playlists were excellent.

The Twilight Singers debut Twilight as Played by the Twilight Singers. Pretty much the definitive late autumn night album and one of the best albums of Greg Dulli’s career.

3 Likes

Oh yes! Reminds me that we need to get DiS Secret Mixtape Santa off the ground for this year. I will start a thread when the end of year threads kick off.

1 Like

The Still Becoming Apart EP by The Smashing Pumpkins. 5 songs, 20 minutes long, downtempo night music with a beautiful instrumental intro.

Also, Adore is the definitive late summer night album.

Automatic For The People.

A great late night album whether at home or heading home late at night (although not much of the latter in current times). The final three tracks are my favourite trio from any album. A perfect ending to a stunning album.

3 Likes

Late night is jazz time

1 Like

Also this incredible neoclassical storm-themed brood fest with Laurie

Back when I still worked in acute paeds, I worked a lot of night shifts. One rotation landed me with an hour long commute, so I was able to consider the subject of night music quite extensively. Don’t think I found anything that tops Untrue.

16 Likes

Sill haunting.

10 Likes

Aside from most William Basinski albums, this is one that I love sticking on at night and falling asleep to

• Chet Baker
  • Burial
  • Blue Nile
  • Danny Norbury
  • Talk Talk
  • Max Richter
  • Mazzy Star
  • David Thomas Broughton
  • Grouper
  • Ian Willian Craig
5 Likes