Latest Releases 16/04/2021

Hmm tried that in my original post and it just came up as a link, although it was clever enough to at least put a nice friendly name for the text.

London Grammar never sound like how I think they will.

It feels a little overblown and obvious, but I’m enjoying it in a bit of a guilty pleasure kind of way. I seem to remember thinking the same of a previous album of theirs. Maybe that’s just me. Anywaym, it’s good, but don’t tell anyone I said that.

1 Like

Violet Mist was definitely what I needed to hear today. Perfectly suited a bleary-eyed Friday afternoon when I feel like I"m dragging myself towards the weekend by my fingernails.

2 Likes

Love that run of tracks towards the end (and the middle, and the start)

2 Likes

First album was great then they just carried on doing the same but not quite as good.

No, really, thanks for bringing to my attention - this is sick

1 Like

Couple of rally nice songs on the Spencer Krug but not sure as an entire album - really like the first 2 songs and the closer though

1 Like

This Benedikt album is v good. Basically been listening to that and The Armed alternately today.

Enjoying Alexander Tucker’s new album as Microcorps. Dark noisy electronics with beats and heavily processed vocals and acoustic instruments. Gazelle Twin appears on a track too.

1 Like

Excellent - none of the other NIS releases are on Spotify and they’re $$$$$$ on vinyl so this is. Nice surprise! Just started and it’s fantastic already.

1 Like

he seems to have fallen off people’s radars since Green Twins but the Nick Hakim EP / mini album with jazz saxophonist Roy Nathanson is v good

1 Like

I couldn’t find it on Spotify yesterday, but I was having a pretty bad day… not to mention excited because I’d finally found something before anyone else mentioned it on here. :). Anyway, here we go… I know how to do it this way:

Didn’t realise that the one they played on the radio (Web of Intrigue) is a remix of a track from their previous album. It’s got quite a strong Morricone feeling to it, which is definitely my cup of tea. Think maybe this new version brings that out a little more.

1 Like

If you paste the link on a different line to the rest of your text (ie press enter before you paste) it should embed.

1 Like

His album last year was superb, this is just as good so far.

This alaskan tapes album is cracking. Cheers @NeilYoung

2 Likes

Man that The Armed album got me hyped as fuck

3 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this record after their EP in 2019 but I keep thinking ‘Don’t Let The Light In’ is going to morph into Realiti by Grimes throughout the first verse.

I’ve lost track of how much I’ve kept returning to this album. It’s not re-inventing the wheel but it’s good alt/indie pop, even though the second half of the record is a lot stronger than the first. It really makes me miss Outfit as well, to be honest. I hope they come back one day.

1 Like

Weird, I’m enjoying enjoying first half a lot more than the second so far!

Loving the jaded LCD Soundsystem feel of this

enough about Radiohead already.