Latitude 2019

I really want to go to this one year. No matter how underwhelming the initial announcement for this ever is, the idea that you can’t find something to do across the site (once the whole bill is announced) is unthinkable.

Word :+1:

I’ve been to five of these (2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 - the last two with at least one child in tow) and have always been somewhat overwhelmed by the volume of quality stuff on - could happily spend the entire festival in the comedy/theatre/literary arenas with no bands at all and be very happy Also, it’s in such a beautiful setting that just wandering the various parts of the site is a joy in itself…

1 Like

Day splits announced…

Saturday sounds like it might be Ben Folds, Underworld and Everything Everything at the same time. If I was going to this (am at Bluedot) that would hurt!

I’m assuming (hoping) that Everything Everything are going to be on at the same time as Snow Patrol with Underworld doing a late spot on the main stage.

If I wasn’t at Latitude I would deffo be at Blue Dot - that line up and setting looks pretty special :+1:

1 Like

I bought a Saturday day ticket because Kraftwerk. If it hadn’t been for that, I’d be at Latitude for sure. Have still never been.

Latitude is my favourite festival for sure - it’s about so much more than just the bands :+1:

That said, Blue Dot is walking distance from my mate’s house :thinking:

1 Like

More announcements across all stages…

The TV hates Katherin Ryan, so will definitely be checking her out. Also nice to see new top poet dude Simon Armitage get a run out :+1:

Latest headliner news was a real YAAASSSS…NNNOOOOO moment :thinking:

[I don’t actually care obviously as I’ll be watching Everything Everything natch…

It’s cool though. That festival genuinely does have something for everyone.

Definitely. Did not feel as though I missed out skipping The Killers on the Saturday night last year :rofl:

Full bill shaped up nicely in the end…

1 Like

It looks like Underworld, Everything Everything and Ben Folds are on at the same time. That would be tough for me!

Good spot for Loyle Carner, had no idea he was that popular. Great album that.

I don’t think it will be like that, Ben Folds will have some afternoon slot and Underworld are on after Stereophonics. At least I think that’s how it is!

On one hand I hope you’re right. On the other hand, why did I get a Bluedot ticket for the same day? Bah. Still, Kraftwerk.

1 Like

Final line up announcements?

More interesting non-music stuff :+1:

Any thoughts from those that attended? Thought it was great - the weather was fairly benign, although packing up in 30c on the Monday was hard work. And a bit disappointed that a 5 minute thunderstorm on the Saturday limited The Futureheads to two and a half songs :frowning:

Too many highlights to mention, but special shout outs to Neneh Cherry, Underworld, A Place To Bury Strangers, Nadine Shah, Everything Everything, Snapped Ankles, Sons Of Kemet and Honeyblood (not even including all the spoken word, comedy and cabaret we caught). Kids particularly liked George Ezra (unsurprisingly) and Gomez (slightly more surprisingly). My favourite act of the whole weekend was Let’s Eat Grandma - just so joyous.

Can see the whole family going to this for years to come :+1: