Latitude Festival 2022

First line up announcement…

Given that Lewis Capaldi and Snow Patrol have basically been locked in as headliners for the past two years, I wasn’t expecting much - and it’s pretty much delivered on that. Foals are serviceable headliners I guess :woman_shrugging:

However, the undercard is already looking very nice - Little Simz and Pheobe Bridgers both feel like something of a coup. For me personally, excited to see Los Bitchos, Self Esteem, Let’s Eat Grandma, Caroline Polachek, Kae Tempest, Porridge Radio and Melt Yourself Down in the mix. Afghan Whigs!

Oh, Russell Howard is also appearing apparently…

Referring to it as ‘cinch presents Latitude’ makes for extremely clunky reading sentences

2 Likes

Is that also the same Mark Owen from Take That??

Shed Seven is in quite a large font. I remember them booking Modest Mouse years ago, I was really excited for that, then they dropped out and were replaced by Texas.

2 Likes

NGL, this Cinch advertising last year was very annoying. Didn’t even know who Cinch were at the time :woman_shrugging:

They’ve done a bunch of sponsorship deals with live music (stuff like Creamfields/Live Nation/IoW Festival - plus all the cricket and football stuff). Not sure what the reasoning is - “Hmm, halfway through this Foals set do you know what I’m thinking? Could really do with getting a new car…”

1 Like

I also remember this :neutral_face:

Modest Mouse doing 2 gigs on the same day then

The Latitude date corresponds to the opening of the festival, they’ll be playing on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

1 Like

Thought Phoebe Bridgers would be big enough to be the headliner tbh. I’m out of touch with what’s big in Suffolk these days, obviously.

3 Likes

Just adding this to the Festivals board

1 Like

Yep can’t believe Shed Seven are higher up the bill than Phoebe Bridgers or Afghan Whigs or even Maximo Park but what do I know.

I think she is but because she hasn’t toured the UK since her last album the organisers probably aren’t aware.

Agree though, there is some very good stuff on the bill outside of the headliners, I could definitely have a nice time there

1 Like

I don’t know much about the relative popularity of Shed Seven these days, but what I do know is that last time they toured (2019) they sold out two dates at Brixton Academy. Two!

Shed Seven sell loads of tickets when they tour now, multiple nights at Academy sized venues. Combination of nostalgia + being a really solid live band.

The tent headline is still a pretty massive slot tbh. I’ve seen Grimes, Soulwax, Sleaford Mods play it. In recent years they’ve had heritage acts (James/Primal Scream) on it too. For the cancelled 2020 edition, Charli XCX was going to play it :frowning:

Would you say they sell shed loads of tickets?

1 Like

Awful line up

Just to be clear, threads on the festivals forum also show up on the main music forum, you can just also filter it down to make festival threads easier to find.

This is always true with Latitude. I’ve never seen the full lineup for the festival and not thought I couldn’t see something good at pretty much any time of day.