Laughter Tracks

What was the point where these stopped being normal?

Weird how old comedy stuff seems so much shitter now because it has a laughter track even though it was the norm back then.

BigBangTheoryWithoutLaughterTrack.YouTube

The Office…

1 Like

you could hire yourself out as a live laugh track. Always funnier watching stuff with someone else who’s laughing

Just audible ^thises

You’d need one of those contagious laughs though, would be shit if it was Jimmy Carr or something with you

Usually an audience isn’t it? Not canned laughter and canned laughter is what I assume you mean by laughter track.

1 Like

Seems incredibly out of place in I’m Alan Partridge

2 Likes

Canned or live I don’t give ashit

I don’t like it when people are critical of laughter in TV shows that are literally filmed in front of a laughing audience. I also think there is a real talent in dealing with that laughter in comedic performances.

3 Likes

People like maosm.

I like people like ma0sm

1 Like

Just not him.

2 Likes

No, I like ma0sm

1 Like

If memory serves the League of Gentlemen dropped the laugh track for the third series. A load of people then complained it was too dark and stopped watching.

People like maosm

That’s very nice of you to say Tone, I like you too.

I would also like to point out that I also like balonz & stickboy.

4 Likes

I like Balonz and Stickboy as well

1 Like

See when things that normally have a studio audience go outside but there’s still laughter? What’s going on there, just the video being played to a studio audience?

I like that Monty Python sketch about “now we’re on film” when they go to external shots and “now we’re on video” for internal stuff.

I like xylo too

2 Likes