LC! I Broke Up In Amarante

‘No Blues’ is brilliant. Very much looking forward to this new record.

Album ranking (though I like all of them):

Hold On Now, Youngster
No Blues
We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
Romance is Boring
Hello Sadness

Remeber when WABWAD came out and they refused to accept that it was an album, even though it clearly was?

that was weird.

6 Likes

Hello Sadness
[A Good Night For A Fist Fight]
NO BLUES
Romance Is Boring
Hold On Now, Youngster
[A Los Campesinos Christmas]
[All’s Well That Ends]
We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
[Sticking Fingers Into Sockets]

1 Like

ABOUT!

2 Likes

Think this is a very decent song, if slightly unspectacular. It’s getting better every time I listen to it though, which is a good sign. Must be a fair few on here going to the Cardiff date?

Also while I’m here:

WAB, WAD
No Blues
Romance is Boring
A Goodnight for a Fistfight
Hello Sadness
Hold On Now, Youngster

No, no, I’m excited FOR it. Like, it must be desperate to get itself out there and onto our stereos (not Icarus’ tho) having been cooped up in the studio for so long. I meant what I said.

*My Vitriol

2 Likes

Yes, the only band that deserves my vitriol is My Vitriol.

1 Like

WABWAD is their best IMHO

I genuinely believe they get better with each release, so I have high hopes for Sick Scenes.

Forgot to get tickets to Sheff and now it’s sold out :cry:

Listened to this a few times today, keeps getting better. Now I’ve realised it’s not about a breakup, it’s about a breakdown, during the World Cup, I love it even more. Really, really good.

For me:

Hello Sadness
NO BLUES
WABWAD
Romance is Boring
HONY

@plasticniki, when I was drunk and listening to them a while back, I thought a tattoo might be a good idea. Not entirely sure what though.

They’re definitely my favourite active band. I’ve literally grown up with them over the past ten years, they’ve charted my life and things they sing about have done the same. I understand some people find them cringey, because sincerity is frowned upon, and blending humour and pathos is somehow seen as undignified, and singing about lower league football rather than, I don’t know, American suburbia is seen as banal. But I love it.

5 Likes

AHH PREORDERS AVALIABLE!!!
tempted to get the £35 one
love LC merch me

I’m on holiday all through the UK tour!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

Get back literally the day before the last show. If they just add one little Manchester show on the end I’d be over the moon.

Ah well, going the Leeds all dayer w/ Hookworms et al in a few weeks + seen them millions of times before.

Possibly my favourite ever band, definitely the most easy to obsess over with being all #SOMANYFEELS and starting out when I was a hormonal teenager. Also accrued stupid amounts of records, posters, t shirts, misc other clothes, zines, fucking cassette tape even though it’s 2016, and loads of signed crap of theirs over the years.

I’ve pre-ordered the album LP with t-shirt and print; shown uncharacteristic restraint here and not gone for the one with the badges and notebook.

Only had the one chance to listen to the new tune late last night, pretty sure I liked it but was pissed and don’t particularly remember. I wonder who’s done all the art for this, can’t find any reference to it. It looks a bit Jamie McKelvie-ish but I don’t think it’s him.

Always wondered why they’re so reviled on here, there’s a special brand of hatred some of you have which comes out for nobody else. Makes a lot of sense that they used to post on here and you’re now jealous betches.

2 Likes

Artwork has got to be yer man Rob, surely?

he does most of their stuff

Confirmed: https://twitter.com/loscampesinos/status/796749576443166720

O ye that definitely makes sense, looks pretty much the same as the Heat Rash stuff he did. For some reason the many many rows of milk reminded me of some of the sort of unsettlingly mundane background work McKelvie did in Young Avengers

And there it is. I think it’s their best album cover so far.