LCD Soundsystem

Yes, I’m also back on board with this one. Good album, just managed to acquire a ticket for the Manchester Sunday show.

They’re doing a 2hr set at the whp on sat from 12-2 :+1:

Last entry is at 9 so I’ll be a captive audience for joe goddard doing his somehow-more-boring-than-hot-chip solo shite :-1:

Fucking hate the whp

Somehow more boring than Hot Chip…

I ought to backhand you for implying Hot Chip are boring.

2 Likes

yes, he should have just came out and said it

3 Likes

last entry at 9??? jfc

hot chip are boring

2 Likes

ikr

2 Likes

Can’t actually find confirmation of this, have you seen it on the WHP site or something?

Desperately hoping that’s wrong. Stuck in a room for 3 hours with overpriced shitey drinks and music I’m not particularly interested in. Let me just see the band I’ve bought a ticket to see ffs

just what everyone’s saying on the event fb page but it’s what happened last time i went

Says so on RA. I’d check your ticket though

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/982635

Last entry at 21:00 for an event that starts at 21:00 seems fairly unlikely

that’s the whp for you :man_shrugging:

Fabric always puts ludicrously early entry times on their tickets that they don’t enforce. Crowd control I guess, and I’d hazard a guess that they won’t enforce that curfew, but it’s completely dickish to have it in the first place

Not very fond of this album overall but I really love the title track and Oh Baby, both will end up amongst my favourite LCD songs I think. Kind of wish I was going on Saturday.

seems like (SPOILER) they aren’t doing more than 3 tracks from the album at these shows.

Feel very similarly after 10-15 listens, hoping it’ll still grow on me, but at this point feel it’s waaaaay behind Sound of Silver and S/T.

Doesn’t have anything as bad as This Is Happening’s low points (Somebody’s Calling Me, One Touch), so maybe in time I’ll rank it higher than that album. But at this point only American Dream would contend for a spot in my top 10 LCD tracks, I’d probably struggle to put another in the top 20

Edit: maybe Oh Baby or Call the Police might get in my top 20

Bit silly this

1 Like

I’m fine with that tbh

Really like the new album, and there’s a few songs I’d love to see - How Do You Sleep? especially

But, having never seen them before, really really happy just to see a career-spanning best of.

Would happily go see them again doing more new stuff if they toured again in the next year.