Le Guess Who? 2023

As good as ever, but I just canā€™t justify the costs :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like

Looks great :sweat:

Hmm normally there are at least 4 or 5 acts Iā€™m super excited about, and while Iā€™m sure everyone will be amazing, I only really want to see Richard Dawson from this initial lineup. Think that plus the accommodation costs mean weā€™ll probably skip this year.

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Why donā€™t people just stay somewhere one stop further along from Utrecht in one of the places which has trains which run late, like Driebergen-Zeist or Ede-Wageningen? Makes a lot more sense than looking at Amsterdam.

1 Like

Hmm. Itā€™s fairly decent but not a huge amount of surprises or acts you canā€™t see doing the rounds elsewhere. Not much FOMO about this one, which makes me feel a bit better!

Bit annoyed the Autechre/Forest Swords shouts were duff predictions, good job I didnā€™t get on Betfair for that @tattybye

Ede and Driebergen are good shouts - didnt consider this. Guess hotels will be much cheaper.

1 Like

I think the line-up is a bit of a mind-bender this year, so much stuff Iā€™d never see anywhere else and so much completely new to me.

Oh sure, but I donā€™t think it has many notable anchor acts at the moment thatā€™d push anyone but hardcore goers over the edge to spend (whatā€™s now) a considerably huge amount of money. Thereā€™s a good amount of stuff, but I donā€™t feel any pangs for not being able to go.

Yes, I remember the cost and realise you are totally right!

Well Sunday sounds good to me and Iā€™d be tempted to pop over for a few acts on the Saturday too. Right letā€™s see if I can justify it too this year then.

Iā€™m trying to find a way if you can see the live departure boards from Utrecht Centraal for a chosen time. Thatā€™d be best, then you can see the different places that have late night connections.

To be fair, Utrecht is very well connected so thereā€™ll be lots of options, itā€™s just that most people wonā€™t consider them.

You could even rent a bike and end your night with a trip back to Houten or Maarsen. Plenty of people do that regularly as their commute and cycling is so easy and safe.

1 Like

I normally just use the Trainline website/app to work it all out, but guessing you are after something more specific.

I mean specifically trying to find places you can get to by train from Utrecht Centraal, so you can book accomodation there, save money and not have to rush to catch last train.

For getting around Utrecht with public transport, 9292 is the best site / app by far.

1 Like

If I donā€™t manage to get a ticket in a few minutes, can I buy one off you?

I have two to sell, and ideally would sell them both together, but yeah I think we could probably work something out. :smiling_face:

I managed to buy day passes since the full tickets were sold out, only for the full passes to go on sale again. Turns out there was a bug in the system when they went on sale, and lots of other people had the same issue. Theyā€™ve been telling people to email them. Fingers crossed they will swap my day passes for a full festival pass.

1 Like

Has anyone ever sold an LGW ticket on TicketSwap? It seems to want me to upload PDFs of the tickets but I can only get the PDFs if I give my name to print on them, which is a bit confusing. :thinking: