Learning to fly a plane

Would love to do this one day.

How much you reckon it costs, all in? Like to get to the stage where you’re qualified to fly a little plane on your own to France or whatever. I’m sure it’s really hard work learning all the maths and stuff.

In my head I imagine it’s not that much worse in terms of carbon emissions than driving a big diesel vehicle. I’m sure this is willfully naive. I wonder how it compares to having a seat on a commercial jet flight.

I’d also be really really scared.

£5,000

(This is a total guess based on zero information)

£5,001 I reckon

1 Like

One of the better Foo Fighters songs

1 Like

I actually priced this up a couple of years ago. Just for shits and giggles of course.
Not as expensive as I thought it would be but not sure I could afford to buy a wee plane :airplane:

1 Like

Pete was the youngest ever pilot in the entire country!

spill the beans about the beans!

Before the paywall snapped up on this, it said £6 - £10k on average

So I was closer

Yes, you’re practically a pilot already.

2 Likes

https://www.goflyuk.com/private-pilots-license-pplnppl/

Here you go

Make my way back home when I’ve finished learning to fly a plane!

1 Like

join the air cadets. might have to do a bit of john toast-style reverse ageing but i flew a couple of planes when i were a younger, dorkier man

3 Likes

get to shoot guns an all, it was good

1 Like

Yep, same.

Hated the marching but the flying was fun. Great moment when we flew over my house and the pilot let me control the plane and I obviously put it immediately into an accidental nose dive and he was “I’ll just take back control now”. Great fun.

4 Likes

It’s no “in times like these is it time to love again?” though

1 Like

A mate of mine did it over three years. I can ask him, all in, how much it cost?

currently: £££££

after brexit: ££££££££££££££££££££

yeah the marching and shit was rubbish but the flying and shooting were great. preferred shooting to flying actually, i was pretty good at shooting

1 Like

Wouldn’t get me in one of those little planes! Bad enough having to fly anywhere in the big ones!