Learning to love hip hop

Every Danny Brown album

yah admittedly i still like a few of tracks off of violent by design and some others scattered through their discography.

the shear audacity and cinematic scope of some of stoupes beats is something to be admired on occasion

lmao now youve got me listening to jmt, immortal technique and necro.

this stuff… has not aged well

1 Like

DUDE YES. And So It Burns is one of the wildest examples of stoupe’s beats man. One of the best songs of the record because of that. Saviorself and Before the Great Collapse are also great beats from this record.

Geez, one of the biggest problems of being a non-native english speaker is that i can’t totally understand the lyrics of a song unless i read them. So when I listen to hip hop i usually lose part of the experience, so i can’t totally tell how bizarre those lyrics are until after a while. Ever since i found out about jmt’s questionable lyrics i started listening to them with less enthusiasm.

Yeah, and the fact he has basically doubled down on that style in recent years is quite something.

Tell you what has aged really well, though - the early Non Phixion stuff. MC Serch era, with Necro doing most of the beats.

:rofl:

1 Like

Did not know necro was still even releasing stuff.

Just dipped in his new 2020 album and hit a random track and would you believe it’s featuring… Vinnie Paz and immortal technique lollll

1 Like

I’ll have to go back and check out that non phixion stuff. Necro is a good producer for sure.

He did a Corona Virus track. It’s dire.

Can’t remember if I mentioned, but my Hello Fresh delivery guy was wearing an Immortal Tech t-shirt a while back. Sparked a 30 minute hip hop discussion at my doorstep.

1 Like

That tape is banging. So good. Lukewarm on their output since then.

why not both?

1 Like