Least favourite song of all time

I used to loathe this one (not at least the videoclip) when it came out:

Now it just makes me chuckle and move on.

it’s clearly this, which is not just the worst song of all time but in fact the worst thing created in any medium, ever:

valerie by the zutons

See also: all other songs by Queen

1 Like

Don’t Stop Me Now is especially egregious because it’s middle age distilled to however many torturous minutes it goes on for. It’s always the third song on those godawful Father’s Day CDs that men who love Top Gear and reckon they probably still have a shot with their daughter’s uni mates. It’s jeans and brogues music.

3 Likes

It’s Uptown Funk.

I probably think about it around ten times a day, and worry that it is going to be played somewhere and I’m going to have to hear it again. I sometimes lie in bed thinking about how much I hate it.

The song, of course, is utterly wretched, but the real issue is the dead eyed, emotionless vocals in which our protagonist is meant to be geeing the listener up into some sort of fervour (I suspect), but instead makes me sad about the existence of humanity.

1 Like

idiotheque

Sex On Fire. So much hatred for this song, abysmal.

5 Likes

I went to a wedding reception. The band played this four times - twice in its standard form, again in an extended ‘dance off’ version and then a final reprise for the finale. Up. town. funk you up. up town funk you up…still hurts

Oh god, I was listening to the radio the other week and this lady admitted that her kid had been consummated whilst this played in the background. The presenter went on to muse how many other children had also been conceived to this track.

I almost had to pull over to throw up!

Fucking hell. Just…this country.

The poor kid! Imagine ever hearing that story…

They should disown them.

Came out of the womb blasting fugazi in defiance!

fucking hell i hate everyone on youtube

3 Likes

I’d suggest Blurred Lines. But it is hella catchy, and the spoofs (spooves) have been vaguely funny.

Definitely “I Gotta Feeling” for me. Catered dozens of identikit office Xmas parties the year it came out, and now associate it with prescribed mirth. That video has actually made me hate it more, somehow…

Owl City - Fireflies I think that is the name. Utterly twee, so inoffensive it’s offensive dreck.

4 Likes