Least successful office confectionery

There’s a packet of “golden peanuts” from somewhere in the Caribbean (apparently) that have survived the morning tea/coffee rush completely untouched. This is unprecedented.

Someone brought back some Durian biscuits a few weeks ago. CHRIST ALIVE.

4 Likes

In Bradford - so we get quite a lot of asian sweets in here. I’m grateful lads but this is basically fried sugar.

1 Like

You’d have to be Hungry Like the Wolf to go for those?

3 Likes

Fixed that for you.

you haven’t changed a word you helmet

oh wait - you have.

still a helmet

9 Likes

yeah I will eat anything and I did have one of these and they were just horrible, even the smell

I should have known because I have eaten durian before :confused:

As a joke I brought back some salted liquorice from Sweden once (in addition to some normal biscuits).

No one took more than one piece.

You didn’t even acknowledge my ‘amazing’ joke. :frowning:

You didn’t need to style it out as a joke to us, mate.

1 Like

I brought some liquorice last week, it hasn’t been finished. The salted liquorice did eventually get finished.

When I brought in some Turkish delight from Sainsbury’s after being in Istanbul, no one had any.

1 Like

YES

1 Like

I am not sure the appeal of Turkish delight I am not sure I know one person who likes it? Also did the turks really invent it and name it?

Nah, it was just the cheap Fry’s stuff. Somehow all the nice Turkish delight didn’t make it to work.

1 Like

Person at work made a savoury cake out of crab sticks once. SO bad.

Those hard american gums. Worst sweet of all time, barely ever veggie either.

Salted liquorice goes down pretty well here.

Someone brought back some dried fish snacks from Scandinavia last year, they’re still in a tupperware box into which they were banished. Absolutely stank the office out but quite tasty imo

It is soooo much nicer, I always hated turkish delight as a child, turns out that I was eating FAKE stuff.

2 Likes

Yer non chocolate covered stuff is so superior. Usually can get lemon ones if you’re not a fan of the rose flavour too. Absolutely top veggie sweet tbh, gorge on about three boxes every Christmas.

1 Like