Leeds!

Ah shit, I thought it was safe as I was under the impression it was run by a British-Japanese husband and wife team

people keep telling me to go in there when there is literally a place on Albion Street I can get really nice tofu banh mi and a pop for £3.99 and is actually run by Vietnamese people

3 Likes

Love this place

1 Like

Never even heard of these places apart from Little Tokyo, do I even live here

Two best Asian places I’ve been to in Leeds are Wen’s and Thai Aroy Dee. Just adding to the list

1 Like

So many of these I haven’t tried either!

We loved Blue Sakura but it is a bit on the pricey end. Ideal for a weekday lunch though.

Thai Aroy Dee is class. I’d add Fuji Hiro to the list as well - not the fanciest, but tasty ramen

Question for the young and cool people of DiS, where do the young and cool people of Leeds go for cocktails? Looking for a daytime cocktails place in the city centre for next Saturday if anybody has any good reccos

Maven is my fave.
Below stairs is good

1 Like

Both of these are looking v promising, thanku

Pastel is alright if you fancy something less dark :grinning:

And I like power corruption and lies for daylight too

:unamused: not for me

Vampire cocktail club :man_vampire:

1 Like

Cook pass babtridge

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnPbvMTJheN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I thought he gave his car away

The sky lounge at the Hilton always had a good choice (though better for when it’s sunny and you can sit outside)

Thank you for this recommendation, but I feel like the Hilton might be the sort of place where the bouncers throw me and the girls out of the joint like Uncle Phil ejecting Jazz

2 Likes

What do you want to do

Its not far at all from the city centre, you have loads of options. Drop them off, walk down for a meal - book somewhere cause its Saturday night in a big city, then when you’re done, walk back up to Beckett

There are loads of casual places near there, so shouldn’t be a need to book. It can get quite busy though, but as safbruv says it depends what you want to do (and the sort of time in the evening).