Leftovers

Let’s talk leftovers. Not food you have made yourself but food you have bought from a takeaway or delivery.

It goes without saying Pizza is the king of leftovers. Hot or cold (obviously cold) it always hits the spot the day after.

It also goes without saying that chips/fries are the opposite. Within 1/2 an hour they are rubbish and can’t be redeemed. Heard someone say they reheat chips in a pan with a bit of oil but I think they were lying.

Fried chicken? Yeah that probably works.

Indian/Chinese - yeah that works but the rice can be dicey. Ricey dicey.

1 Like

cwbaft

1 Like

The second season was the best

4 Likes

I always order dishes from a Chinese with the sole intention of using them for leftovers (insofar as they go unopened when eating on the arrival of the food)

1 Like

That’s a big move. Are you ordering extra of what you’ve already ordered or completely different dishes just to enjoy as leftovers?

Last episode, though, I was so sad, so very sad

3 Likes

Chips are redeemable, I’m sorry to hear you live such an awful life so as to not realise this

1 Like

Completely different dishes to enjoy as leftovers.

Maverick move. Examples please if you wouldn’t mind and also how are you heating them up?

Watched the first episodes, it was proper shit

When a meeting has finished that has external people and they had sandwiches that weren’t eaten I always end up eating one and not enjoying it because the bread has gone a bit stale and the insides are soggy, but I do it every time anyway and never learn which is a shame,

3 Likes

wo WOAH

3 Likes

Well, what I’ll tend to do is order some sweet & sour chicken balls and some crispy duck and pancakes and I’ll eat them on arrival but I’ll also have ordered some sort of chow mein or rice and some kung po chicken or something maybe which will be for the purposes of eating in the few days after

1 Like

YOU HEARD ME

Leftover curry for breakfast is the sweetest vice.

I AM OUTRAGED THAT SOMEONE ON A MESSAGE BOARD HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION TO ME

Starters and salt + pepper chips on the night, mains as leftovers from the chinese, generally

1 Like

quite annoyed at how YOU have undersold the first season.

1 Like

I always order multiple Indian dishes and then have them for lunch and dinner for the next two days - let’s you have a bit more variety and let’s you take a risk on a new dish whilst also sticking to your old favourite

1 Like

Reckon it’s worth a revisit?

I am impressed with my foresight to use the title “Leftovers (HBO)” to avoid the inevitable descent into food leftover bants that thread would have turned into otherwise

1 Like