Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Yeah, I just took it slow and used a lot of arrows, but you get so many more back from all the lizard archers, was a good place to farm stuff tbh.

??? I donā€™t remember this at all, definitely donā€™t remember it being hard. Maybe I accidentally cheesed it

I remember it being tough but doable and therefore quite rewarding. As above, you get lots of arrows back. No problem using stealth wherever possible, itā€™s just being resourceful, which is what the game is all about really. You are learning the right skills.

Made it to the Yiga hideout thenā€¦ :cold_sweat:

Ah fuck sake, looked at a walkthrough and realised I was in the final room I just missed the fucking metal door. Bollocks. Apparently you can go round the back way and trigger the boss fight by opening the door too, but again, I missed it was metal. Am always forgetting my runes. Keep drowning when trying to swim places because I forget about the ice blocks.

Itā€™s terrible, just do it and donā€™t go back

1 Like

I know I can do it, just fucked it up a couple of times by rushing it and am too frustrated now. Apparently you can Stasis+ the bastards too? Thereā€™s so much to remember in this game.

Finally beat Thunderblight Ganon after what felt like several sessions. I was able to solve the Camel divine beast myself with no walkthroughs and felt very proud of myself, then kept getting merked by Ganon, which drove me looking at a guide, which Iā€™m annoyed by - even though they didnā€™t actually help, Iā€™d figured it out (even the magnesis bit), I just had to GIT GUD as I believe the kids say.

Think the main issue was my weapons, didnā€™t have enough one-handed swords so was finding it hard to block his fast attacks with a shield then hit him back, but anyway, done it in the end.

2 Likes

Right, third beast done, the lizard boy up with the Gorons who are absolute lads. Really happy with how it all went, managed to figure it all out myself, was a lot more compact than the Gerudo one, but yeah, felt good. Dispatched Fireblight Ganon first attempt too, in comparison to Thunderblight, which was an arse.

Just the one left!

2 Likes

Which one left?

The bird one

Had a nightmare trying to do a shrine, first one Iā€™ve struggled with in ages, not because I couldnā€™t figure it out but because I didnā€™t any arrows and I lost the torch it gave me because I got frustrated and threw it at a lantern and it fell in the lava. ARSE.

The amount of times Iā€™ve thrown a weapon off a cliff :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Was so pissed off! I already left once to go get arrows, now I have to leave again to go find a torch somewhere because I sacked off wooden weapons god knows when.

Also realised Iā€™ve uncovered all but a couple of sections of the map, but have only done 60 shrines.

2 Likes

Last divine beast done! Loved the whole Rito village vibe, really great. Again, was all a piece of piss compared to the Gerudo one, killed off Windblight Ganon on first attempt. Still only 70 shrines or so done, but I think the only key story thing left to do is go get the master sword in the woods before heading to the castle? Not in any rush though, still tonnes of stuff I havenā€™t gone near yet.

4 Likes

Forgotten what a total ballache Yiga Hideout is. Thank God this time I just watched a speedrunner do it and bypass itā€™s utter bullshit.

Once I realised you can used stasis it made it so easy. Apparently you can just walk in the back way too to trigger the boss fight and skip it all together? But yeah I struggled the first few attempts with just bananas

1 Like

Just need something like this in 2.

Think Iā€™ve finally got to go and do the castle. Have done 90+ shrines, full stamina, all the beasts, finished Tarrey Town, got the Master Sword, god knows how many side questsā€¦ not sure I can be bothered to track down the rest of the shrines or do the endless fetch quests without just looking them up nowā€¦ but the castle remains.

2 Likes