Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

Yeah, same for me. Completely casual gamer. The last game I’d played to completion before BOTW was probably Twilight Princess.

And, yeah, was fine plotting up at the top of a rock for 20 minutes and rolling bombs down it to kill Moblins back in the early stages.

4 Likes

Robbie is a weird nonce

1 Like

So after my naked start…

I am now ~25 hours in I think, maybe a bit more. 30?

30 shrines down

~ 40 seeds (there are 900 of these? wtaf) can’t find the bloke who buys them off you for slots either, he’s vanished.

1 divine beast done and I am in the belly of the 2nd

2 or 3 memories (most of these seem to be around or looking at hyrule castle from what I can gather and I haven’t been there yet)

This seems a lot more balanced than my first play through, I actually have a stash of weapons and stuff now rather than trying to beat up everything with a tree branch and only 2 apples in reserve. (Don’t really know how I managed that).

1 Like

Got enough Korok seeds to get properly tooled up, but couldn’t be bothered to hunt then all down. Nice bonus if you stumble across one.

Also didn’t bother with the Memories. Might go back and do them.

Korok seeds I just found as a I went, once you spot the formats of the puzzles (putting a rock in place, putting a metal thing in place etc) you find plenty, but I never went out of my way to just find them, and fuck finding all 900. Madness.

Memories were good though, you get a different finish if you have them all, and there’s a nice challenge in trying to match the picture to the scenery so you can track them down (a couple are way too obscure though).

2 Likes

remember getting up somewhere like 80 or 90 and feeling like a badass coz i’d nearly found them all without looking them up

900 is properly stupid and funny. kudos to anyone who has done em all i guess.

You’ve seen the reward for getting them all, right?

There is a mask or something you can get which alerts you when you’re nearby, but honestly I can’t imagine doing it. Same with filling out the compendium, nobody needs that kind of hassle.

i probably looked it up at some point but i don’t remember it. yeah i got the mask eventually and halfway entertained the idea of getting them all but honestly fuck that. i know it’s a massive empty map lads but come on.

if it was 300 maybe

Killed 3 bloody big hinox things to just try and do one shrine, smashed all my weapons on them. lost one of the fucking marbles they drop didn’t I? Waste of time

You don’t need to kill them

1 Like

Yeah but I need their marbles don’t I?

Took one for a walk yesterday and fuck off if I can find it now

You’ve lost your marbles! Ahahahahahaahaha!!!..

1 Like

Pretty sure they just wander back to the same place each time not far from the things you drop the balls in (leave it)

A productive afternoon, fuck off lionel!!

How long do you think it took me to beat that hinox? (Oh, I had to do it twice ofc)

1 Like

50 shrines down, 2 towers left.

getting a little bit of mid game fatigue. trying to progress with the bird divine beast but keep getting distracted by shrines in the distance, but not in an exciting way, more of a ‘i cba to go over there, but I guess i should because i won’t remember it later’.

Still got not idea what the big worms are for. Stopped a green shocky worm from shocking me but thats about it. Will probably just ignore them unless i get some actual clues as to what to do with them.

Trying to work out what the hell the ‘big green shocky worms’ are?!!

massive flying dragon worm things, thing ive met a red one and a neon green one so far (which i… deactivated by completing a shrine, i think? )

1 Like

Ah yes, the dragons! You’ll be given clues about what they’re for once you need to know :slight_smile: Just enjoy how gorgeous and mysterious they are for now!

1 Like

Make sure they don’t run off with your pantaloons though!

For the shrines, what I ended up doing was going over to the shrine, entering it (to add it to the map & activate the warp), then leave it & get on with what you were doing. You can then warp back to it whenever you like.