Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve found it a bit weird how the bosses seem to vary a lot in difficulty (not done any temples yet, just in the world). The dragon on top of Mount Lanayru was a piece of piss compared to stone taluses and centaurs; actually gave me less grief than the blue goblins usually do. Hinoxes are really easy as long as you have arrows as well.

1 Like

This was a boss battle in the truest sense of the word, they introduced themselves, they had a name, they had stages and patterns. Was very simple, but it was fun because of the aforementioned dialogue before and after the fight. And it was just in general very goofy :slight_smile:

(as was everything leading up to it, full of character)

I got to it, built up loads of gear after ages of sneaking around, killed all the goblins and chuchus up on that cliff where the cooking pot is, cooked all sorts of meals and elixirs to keep me going and then set off to get a bow to beat the hinox. Then I got insta-killed when I went up to a treasure chest and an octo just popped up from underneath it. Gonna go back when I have more than 4 hearts, it was actually really fun before that happened.

I did almost exactly the same thing. Got it marked up for a future return visit. Loved the half hour I spent on there though. Another great idea, entirely possible to miss, that changes up the gameplay completely.

Already in my top ten games ever I reckon. May be top 3.

I love how I have done one divine beast too but we have experienced a totally different world, purely because you seem to have focused more west while I went north east.

2 Likes

just got to korok forest get the feeling Iā€™ll be spending a lot of time here!

Iā€™m just getting a bit stressed out that I wonā€™t remember where everything is that Iā€™ve been passed and trying to keep my side quests clear in some kind of OCD way is making me tense :frowning:

1 Like

Just keep putting stamps on your map. Glad they had the sense to give a lot of stamp types.

1 Like

I wonā€™t even remember what part of the map to look at!

Maybe the problem is with me

Is it back in stock anywhere yet? Part of the Nintendo magic is everything disappears too quickly. Always too few consoles, games at launch

Well, not a successful evening. Thought I try and check off the couple of shrines in Hateno bay I saw the other day. Completely got my ass handed to me. Both shrines were ā€œtests of strengthā€ and I didnā€™t make the grade. Even lost a few lives on the way up to the one on the cliff edge with the whole goblin camp in the way.

Still, I found one memory. Iā€™ll head to a Divine Beast now I think. Seem to have exhausted all the side quests in the towns Iā€™ve been milling around in. Which one to go for thenā€¦Iā€™m closest to one north east of Kakariko, so that would make sense I guess.

I got a D in GCSE Business Studies so maybe I donā€™t grasp the marketing strategy of deliberately not having enough supply to meet demand, but the how the heck did selling all the NES Classics on pre orders and never manufacturing any more make sense as a business model?

I was lucky enough to snag one via amazon by keeping an eye on its pre order button after it was announced.

Remember the Wii? Also got one queuing outside ASDA from 4am in December 2006, started work at HMV in september 2007 and from then until I left in July 2008 they were hot cakes / henā€™s teeth. And that was Nintendoā€™s most commercial successful home console!

And now with the Switch, wonder how they will play this one - produce enough to sell the current demand or generate more demand by making it unavailable?

1 Like

Just completed my first dungeon too. The big elephant one.

Easy boss but an incredibly satisfying dungeon. Felt like a blend of figuring out a Colossus battle from that PS2 classic mixed with the Zelda temple format Iā€™ve grown to love. A couple of real ā€˜of course!ā€™ moments when I figured parts outā€¦

Killed that centaur thing near part of the quest for what was my first dungeon. Took me ages and a lot of weapons to do so mind.

This guy is way more inventive than me. Need to muck about with some of this stuff more. The raft!

2 Likes

Aye I beat this one last night too. Not much in the way of fights. Boss was okay, I was always too far away to get many good hits in so was just spamming arrows. Really like how the map is like a 3D schematic and the whole adjusting the position of the elephants trunk was very clever. As you say some real eureka moments.
Am I the only one secretly hoping the once you get all the Divine Beasts that they form a Megazord and attack Hyrule Castle - Link then pulls out an Ocarina and summons Dragonzord!

I wish you could grind in this tbh

1 Like

I got to the one on the cliff edge and gave up, that robot thing is impossible to kill (Iā€™m not very good at fighting)

Beat both of those shrines, but took a lot to do so. Tough challenges, thoseā€¦

What exactly do Guardian weapons do? Iā€™ve just ended up using all mine up (and about 50 arrows) during a major test of strength. Have I done myself in?