Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

I think we’ve just hit that point on my second playthrough with the kids where it suddenly feels much easier to defeat bad guys. 2 beasts in, master sword obtained, soldier armour levelled up twice.

So we’ve got loads of hearts and now the armour means we don’t lose as much when we do get hit. I just polished off the Lynel at the bottom of Mt Lanayru without too much trouble. A single hit from him only took off 3/4 of a heart.

I let my 4 year old have a go at fighting a lizalfos or two on the way up the mountain and despite taking lot of hits he got through it with a few hearts left. Really feels like the increase in hearts along with the improved armour just suddenly swung everything in our favour.

2 Likes

:unamused: I am missing something

Spoilers: It’s not a massive landmark but it’s a fairly sizeable point of interest, kind of north west of the plateau iirc? Nothing there except a bunch of tough enemies including a lynel, so good for getting weapons.

It’s also visible on the map. I didn’t go there until about 100 hours in though, so don’t feel bad about missing it.

5 shrines left. Getting ridiculous finding them now, my tactic of “There’s a big empty bit of map, let’s have a look” isn’t as foolproof as it once was

2 Likes

Got the tracker on the case? Think I finally worked out how to use it with about a dozen to go.

Just as a radar basically, unless there’s something more sophisticated it can do?

I ended up finding an online map with the shrines marked on and had me and the wife studying it trying to see what was missed. This was once I was about 5 left. A couple of them were right under my nose where I’d been several times. Tricky

1 Like

I had a spread sheet and everything. Was poring over a map, still really struggled to match what I’d done on the screen to what was on the map.

1 Like

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-edition-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle-ps899-delivered-at-zavvi-3645464

I’ve already got this one. Not easy.

It’s funny that you bring up Zelda jigsaws…My son loves jigsaws and would probably quite like a Zelda jigsaw for his 5th birthday coming up. But I haven’t seen any less than a few hundred pieces. I’m tempted to get one made via one of these custom jigsaw websites. Just need to find a good image to use. There seems to be plenty of good higher res desktop backgrounds that would work.

Been wondering about something: do the rows of three trees you see around have any significance?! They’re really suspicious but I don’t see anything obvious to do with 'em.

They are a korok seed puzzle

1 Like

Brb just have to go to the slow to realise thread

1 Like

Basically if there’s anything at all that looks slightly weird in the landscape, it’s a Korok puzzle.

4 Likes

Oh shit! Sure I tried chopping them down and nothing happened - that’s about as cerebral as my problem-solving gets! Lucky I starred them on the map.

I had to go check:

1 Like

Anyway, found the last 2 shrines last night. Turns out the “that bit of the map is empty” strategy does work. Working through the side quests now, really trying to drag this out, loved playing it (though there’s a real problem with power creep imo)

1 Like

Quite enjoyed this