Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

You don’t have to fight the lynel

I’m 30 hours in and have done 2 devine beasts

Stealthed my way around there grabbing discarded arrows. Haven’t beaten a Lynel yet.
Note to self: ‘do a very poor Lynel Ritchie photoshop job’

I didn’t have to fight the Lynel, but boy did I want to.

1 Like

Aha! They even actively discourage you!

Okay this is a poor effort but I had to do it

8 Likes

Just got Stasis +. Gamechanger! Suddenly feel like an unstoppable monster in 1 on 1 combat.

Also got climbing gear to go with me climbing boots :slight_smile: I think its now time to find something ridiculously tall and climb it (to go with me cold resistance headband)

Did the maze in Hebra. Was a good challenge, liked the way it tests your ability to break the rules. Absolutely terrifying sneaking past two white lynels to get there tho

900 Korok seeds. Get to fuck…

unbelievable!

1 Like

anyone else done that maze in the north east? man that was a pain in the arse BUT drop down underneath and loads of guardians and cool tiara!

1 Like

I’m still enjoying this but I think I’m winding down now…collecting stuff in the world and fighting is kinda boring. Think it might be time to do the dungeons and call it.

1 Like

Just killed me first Lynel <3 the stasis upgrade

1 Like

tempted by this, but then I remember as much as Ocarina was my favourite game experience ever, I don’t think I’ve actually had the patience to complete a Zelda since, and I’m really annoyed at my lack of capacity/attention span to allow myself getting properly lost in games like this.

Read this whole thread with intrigue not really know what any of it means though. Is there still a main quest + has anyone actually completed that yet?

2 Likes

Yes there is a main quest. The difference here is your can complete the dungeons in the order of your choosing (i think). Far more other stuff to do than other Zelda ganes

i like jim sterling too :slight_smile:

his site got DDoS’d over that zelda review, which is fucking stupid. no man’s sky fanboys did the same when he gave that a bad review. one of the funniest conspiracy theories from zelda fanboys is that he gave it a 7 so it would drag the aggregate score on metacritic down. personally i think he’s just being honest.

1 Like

:smiley: he hates zelda anyway (apart from twilight princess for some reason) but i still enjoyed this

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you have genuine reasons for marking down there’s no problem with going against the grain. Barmy how much people let it affect them.

I’m hugely enjoying the game and it really is worth the hype but it’s not perfect and some of the criticism is warranted. I think the inventory management could have been slicker, weapons break a little too soon, and a full button remap should have been allowed. This to me has made the combat unnecessarily frustrating at times and as a result less enjoyable. However, I am clearly getting better as i can now finish off earlier enemies no problem. Maybe it’s just the difficulty curve. I would have liked a repeat cook recipe option somehow too.

As i say though, despite this it’s loads of fun and I’m only a fraction through the game. Can’t wait for the rest.

3 Likes

Enjoyed his dig at speedrunners alright.

His review persona hates pretty much everything tbf. It’s entertainment masquerading as a review (with nuggets of truth underlying what he says) rather than anything that reflects his real view and he deliberately doesn’t try and review on a game’s merits, but solely based on his opinion for that reason.

That said, I get a far better feeling of whether I’d like most games out of Yahtzee’s reviews than I tend to get out of most “serious” reviews.

1 Like

Yeah he has gone on the record to say if he doesn’t mention something in a review that he’s probably okay with it.